Easy Projects is a project management solution developed by logic Software Inc. The company is Canadian and headquartered in Toronto. The software was created in 2003 but only released on the market in 2004 and it is available both as SaaS and On-Premise.
Nowadays, Easy Projects is available in several languages (English, German, Italian, French, Russian and more) and is being used by customers from more than 50 countries worldwide.
Some of their most important clients are Toshiba, Symantec, Corel, Good Year, Reuters, UPS, COX, Ernst&Young, Sanford Health, HP Online and others.
Both types of plans (Pro and Enterprise) include unlimited projects & tasks, interactive Gantt charts, native apps for iPhone and Android devices, unlimited guest users, resource loading report, executive dashboard, vacations, calendar, email and live chat support and priority support and phone and remote access support.
If you go with the Enterprise version you also get access to the Business Intelligence feature, resource loading simulation, time logs approvals & lockdown, enhanced security and more.
The Pro package includes 50 GB of storage, while the Enterprise includes 500 GB. The Enterprise version also includes unlimited custom fields and portfolios.
In addition to all these features, there is also a ROI calculator that lets you calculate the estimated savings and ROI your company can gain after using Easy Projects. In order to use the calculator, you have to fill in a form with your number of team members, average annual salary for your team members, number of managers and their average salaries and the average number of projects developed at a certain time.
There is also a free 14 days trial, with no credit card requirements.
There are quite a few qualities we found in this project management solution. Aside from its affordable pricing, it is also very generous with its allotted storage space and the fact that it includes unlimited guest users. Moreover, Easy Projects is very user-friendly, so even the less experienced users can easily learn to make use ofat least its basic functions (create a project, submit their time worked, manage their tasks, add comments and so on). There is even a sample project available, which is really useful because it shows you an example of how to use the software.
What we think needs some improvement however, is the UI design, which might seem a bit outdated and disorganized.
In terms of key features, we can mention:
- The ability to support up to 8 types of custom fields (lists, dates, etc.) and custom forms (you can create and use them for any department)
- The resource loading simulation (though it is only available with the Enterprise plan), which can help plan your resource needs before you even get started
- Email alerts and notifications that can be configured to be sent the way you want them
- Integrates with MS Outlook, Excel, MS Projects, QuickBooks or you can create custom integrations with RESTful API
- Enhanced security tools: user lockout policies, passwords, encrypted HTTPS traffic, role-based access and others
- Various budgeting tools: you can set internal and external billing rates, designate tasks as billable or non-billable and many more
- The color-coded resource loading report which lets you see all your team members’ work and who is available or what resources are over or under used; you can also schedule them during holidays or days off
- More than 30 preset reports or the ability to create custom ones; they can be exported either as Excel or PDFs
On the downside, there is no direct integration with services like Google Apps, Box, Dropbox, you have to use Zapier to connect to them. A lot of the competitors offer direct integration with them, so that’s a minus for Easy Projects.
What we really liked about Easy Projects, right from the get-go, was their transparency. Their pricing section is very visible and clear, unlike with many competitors.
Easy Projects comes in 2 packages: Pro and Enterprise.
While the Enterprise price is not displayed and requires you to contact them in order to get a quote, the Pro plan starts from $24/user/month, which we consider a reasonable amount and there are also volume discounts available.
Phone: Toll-free: +1 888 261 9878
Office: +1 416 907-9944
Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Easy Projects offers customer support by live chat, phone and e-mail. In addition to these, you can use their comprehensive help center: extensive knowledge base, video tutorials, user community and the Easy Projects online help (you will find anything about getting started, how to use the software, explained terms, links to various videos and so on).
Overall, we were very impressed with the customer support, because it is well organized and shows interest toward their customers.
Our editorial staff evaluates products and services independently, but Best Review Guide may earn money when you click on links. Learn more.