When you buy a new car, you would be protected by a warranty for a certain period of time. This means should any accident happen to your car, the insurance company would take care of the bill for you. Unfortunately, most accidents often happen after the warranty has run out. So what should you do then?
The best option is to join an auto extended warranty company. These kinds of companies would cover your vehicle so that you won't be hurt financially should any unwanted things happen to your car. But there are so many auto extended warranty companies out there, so which one should you choose? Well, below is the list of ten of the best auto warranty companies in the market.
- Autopom. Autopom is one of the largest extended auto warranty companies and with coverage across the United States and Canada, it also offers one of the widest coverage areas. Autopom has comprehensive plans that would definitely suit your needs. It is also one of the most friendly companies when it comes to older vehicles. Autopom is also well-known in the industry for its amazing support team that could be contacted 24/7 to help you solve the problem of your vehicle.
- Toco Warranty Corp. Toco Warranty Corp is one of the most generous extended auto warranty companies on this list. It has affordable plans that you could choose based on what you need and the condition of your vehicle. What's even more, Toco also doesn't require any down payment for any of their plans. And it also covers cars up to 20 years old with a mileage of up to 175.000 miles.
- AA Auto Protection. AA Auto Protection offers one of the widest selections of plans among other companies on this list. This means no matter what type of car that you have or how much mileage it got, you'll most likely find the right plan with AA Auto Protection. What's even better, AA Auto Protection also allowed you to spread out your payment over the span of several years.
- Endurance. Endurance is one of the most robust auto extended warranties in the industry. They only offer three kinds of plans and they also require a waiting period of 1000 miles or 30-day before they decide whether they would activate your contract or not. But by being this meticulous, they could offer an excellent service for their customers at a lower price than what you'd normally get in the industry.
- Warranty Direct. Compared to all the previous companies, Warranty Direct offers what should be considered to be the standard in the industry. It has several plans that you could choose from based on your mileage and the condition of your vehicle. You could schedule your payment over the course of 18 months, but you need to prepare a certain amount of down payment. Although they don't have anything special going on, their service is what you should expect as a standard of any good auto warranty company.
- CARCHEX. CARCHEX is one of the most well-known brands in the industry. With over twenty years of experience, you could expect quality service from CARCHEX. It has great coverage plans with a payment that you could spread over 24 months and also a 30-day money-back guarantee. Unfortunately, they don't offer 24/7 phone support to help you in case of an emergency.
- USAA Extended Vehicle Protection. USAA Extended Vehicle Protection is easily one of the best extended auto warranty companies on this list. It has extensive plans with a wide selection of coverage and it also has lots of additional features such as roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements. Unfortunately, USAA is only available for US military personnel and their family members.
- ASAP. American Standard Auto Protection, or better known as ASAP, offers three kinds of plans that would cover anything from all the essential items in your car to some of the less important ones. Although the plans are certainly lacking when compared to other companies in this list, they still cover quite a lot of things within it. Another thing that could be improved upon is the lack of a live chat option on their website.
- EasyCare. At a glance, EasyCare is on par with the top extended auto warranty services on this list. It offers quite extensive plans and the parts that it covered are also quite broad. Not to mention other additional services like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement. Unfortunately, their warranty policy is very strict. They won't even give a quote to any car over two years old or has over 24,000 miles on its mileage.
- 10. Protect My Car. Although they only offer three kinds of plans, Protect My Car gives very generous coverage for all of them. And that also includes other additional benefits such as 24/7 roadside assistance. Not to mention that you could spread your payments across more than 40 months. Sadly their customer support is one the worst on this list. It's very hard to get any kind of help from their support team.
As stated above, most serious accidents would happen years after the official warranty has run out. Having an extended auto warranty would certainly bring huge financial relief for you and a swift repair for your car in case a serious breakdown finally happens. And when it comes to extended auto warranty companies, the ones listed above are certainly some of the best in the industry. But if you want the best of the best, then you won't go wrong with any of the top three companies.