As useful as they are, not all VPNs are equally good at what they do. And with the market being flooded with VPN services, it can be confusing to know which one to choose. That is why it is a good idea to find a VPN that offers a free trial, so you can test the service before applying to a paid plan. Regardless of what you choose, here are some aspects to consider when looking for the best VPN for your needs:
- What are you going to use the VPN for? Do you just want one as a security measure to keep your identity private on the internet, do you want one for keeping yourself anonymous when torrenting, do you want one to be able to access blocked content such as Netflix, etc.
- Look for a VPN that has a large number of servers, in many locations on the globe; the most renowned VPNs have thousands of servers worldwide
- Opt for a VPN provider that respects your privacy and has a no-log/zero-log policy (it doesn’t track your online activity)
- Look for a VPN that can unlock geo-restricted content such as Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming platforms
- If you need a VPN for P2P file sharing/torrenting, make sure the VPN provider allows it; most of the reputable ones do and even have dedicated servers for it
- Make sure the VPN is fast and doesn’t slow down your connection
- Choose a VPN provider that has support for several protocols
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN providers on the market. It is based in Panama and it’s been around for a relatively short time, just 7 years. But even so, it’s managed to gain a great reputation and constantly grow its client base.
NordVPN currently has over 5,000 servers located in over 60 countries worldwide.
NordVPN used to offer a 7-day free trial but it doesn’t anymore, because of too many abuses. However, those interested in trying this VPN services can still do it for free, through NordVPN’s ‘risk-free 30-day money back guarantee’. That means you can choose a plan you like and take the VPN for a ‘test drive’ as they state on the website and after 30 days you can either continue to use the service or cancel your subscription and get your money. So you do have to initially pay for the service, but there is a full refund if you are dissatisfied with the VPN within the first 30 days.
What is the pricing of NordVPN?
NordVPN has four plans to choose from: a 1-month plan (priced at $11.94/month), 1-year plan (priced at $6.98/month), 2-year plan ($3.98/month) and a 3-year plan ($2.98/month).
- More than 5,500 servers to choose from
- Allows up to 6 simultaneous devices
- Allows torrenting
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Automatic kill switch feature
- Double encryption
- DNS leak protection
- Apps for all types of devices: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux, Android TV and more
- 24/7 customer support