PhonePower has managed to grow a large client base since the VoIP service was launched. The company has an experience of approximately 15 years in the telecommunication industry and offers VoIP services for both residential use and for businesses.
One of PhonePower’s best selling points is the fact that it includes 60 free international VoIP minutes with each of its national plans. Moreover, if your needs exceed the monthly limit offered by them, you can always sign up for one of their international plans, which give you unlimited international calling to 28, 75 or 87 countries worldwide, depending on the plan you choose.
People who are not yet convinced if they want to become PhonePower customers, should know that this company offers a 30-day money back guarantee, regardless of the plan you opt for.
Another useful feature of this VoIP service is the fact that it offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices. These apps won’t cost you any money, you can download them for free on Google Play or the App Store, depending on what kind of device you are using.
While the app is free, you can only access it by signing into your account, so you have to have an account with this VoIP provider anyway and that will cost you money.
In order to be bale to use the app, you also have to grant the required permissions and let the app access your contacts, if you want the app to send you notifications.
The app has approximately 50MB and is very easy to install and use. All you have to do is sign in or scan the QR code and you can start making VoIP calls using the PhonePower app.
The app is pretty basic although there are some nice features to mention:
- The failsafe feature that forwards your calls to a number specified by you, in case your internet drops
- Call routing to multiple numbers
- Call recording
PhonePower offers national plans and international plans. All of these include:
- Free activation
- Unlimited calling in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico
- Free cloned second line
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 60 free international minutes for those not opting for international plans (with those plans you get unlimited international calling in a certain number of countries)
USA/Canada plans offered by PhonePower
- a 1-year prepay plan (comes to a low average monthly price of only $8.33)
- 1-year contract locks in $9.95 per month
- No contract/no prepay option, priced at $19.95 per month
International plans offered by PhonePower
Unlimited World - $19.95 per month: includes unlimited international VoIP calling in 28 countries
Unlimited World Plus - $24.95 per month: includes unlimited international VoIP calling in 75 countries
Unlimited World Premium - $49.95 per month: includes unlimited international VoIP calling in 87 countries.
After you sign up and subscribe to a plan, you will receive the PhonePower adapter via mail. All you need to do is plug it into your router and your phone.
PhonePower is quite complex when it comes to its set of features as it includes over 45 features, such as caller ID, call forwarding, simultaneous ring, speed dial, softphone, voicemail to email, fax, anonymous call rejection, 3-way conference calling and many more.
- VoIP helps you save money on your monthly bill, especially if you make a lot of long-distance calls, which are expensive with regular telephony; you can also save money on hardware and installation, because VoIP can also work without a VoIP phone; the setup process is easy enough to be done without professional help
- VoIP is more versatile and richer in features
- You can make VoIP calls from anywhere in the world, as long as you’ve got access to the internet