An extended car warranty can save you a lot of money in case of an unexpected breakdown. If your factory warranty expired, an extended warranty is a valuable backup solution.
Here are 10 of the best extended car warranty providers to consider:
- Autopom! It is one of the most reputable names in the car insurance industry and stands true to its name, offering car owners ‘peace of mind’ (autopom! stands for Automotive Peace of Mind). This company covers the US and Canada, has 20 comprehensive plans to choose from and has some of the most impressive mileage restrictions we’ve seen. In California, autopom! covers vehicles that are up to 10 years old and have up to 120,000 miles and in most of the other states, cars that are up to 15 years old and have up to 200,000 miles on the meter. Autopom! offers 24/7 roadside assistance and rental vehicle assistance with all their plans.
- Warranty Direct. It covers the entire country and has 9 coverage options to choose from. This company has a generous 60-day money back guarantee and can cover used cars for up to 5 years or 100,000 miles. Warranty Direct offers top-notch customer support.
- Endurance. It covers the entire US and Canada and offers up to 5 years of coverage for cars that have up to 160,000 miles. They have 4 plans and all of them come with 24/7 road assistance and rental car benefits. You can pay in 24 monthly installments. They have a $200 deductible, which is above the average of $100.
- CARCHEX. This company has been around for 20 years and has 18 affordable plans to choose from, grouped in 5 levels: Titanium, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronz. The most comprehensive and lengthiest coverage can be found in the Titanium plans, which cover your vehicle for up to 7 years. The mileage restriction for Titanium is 250,000 miles, which is pretty impressive.
- ASAP. It stands for American Standard Auto Protection and is a full service extended car warranty provider. That means they will reimburse you for any rental costs while your car’s in the shop, they offer round the clock support, roadside help and many more conveniences. They offer coverage for your car for up to 160,000 miles, up to 6 years and covers US and Canada. ASAP has a 36-month pay period.
- AA Auto Protection. It has over 20 plans to choose from and has one of the best and friendliest customer support teams we’ve reviewed so far. Their most expensive plan extends your policy for up to 6 years and 100,000 miles.
- Delta Auto. It covers the entire US and Canada and has one of the smallest deductibles in the industry: only $50. You can pay in 18-month installments and all their policies come with free towing, locksmith on-call and fuel assistance. They also offer a generous reimbursement for rentals.
- Protect My Car. Offers 3 plans and covers vehicles that are less than 10 years old and with less than 125,000 miles on them. Their deductible is $100 and you can pay in 42-month installments. Rental car reimbursement is offered for up to 7 days, which is above the industry average.
- Toco. Toco doesn’t require a down payment, has affordable monthly rates and offers road assistance, rental car benefits and trip interruption coverage with all their plans. They handle the payment and paperwork if your car breaks down and covers cars up to 20 years old and with up to 175,000 miles.
- EasyCare. It is not the best choice in terms of mileage restrictions, because it only covers vehicles that are 2 years old and have a mileage of up to 24,000. However, they do have over 30 years of experience in this industry and they operate in the entire country. With EasyCare you can extend your policy to 5 years or 120,000 miles. They have a $100 deductible and all their plans (4 in total) come with a 30-day money back guarantee.