TrustFax is an internet fax service currently owned by J2, a communication services company with an experience of over 24 years in the industry. There are other online fax services owned by J2: MetroFax, eFax, MyFax and others.
Because it is a web-based service, TrustFax doesn’t require any phone line or fax machine in order to work. All you need is to subscribe to one of their plans, have a reliable computer and internet connection.
TrustFax offers toll-free and local numbers in all 50 states. This service also includes international faxing.
How much does TrustFax cost?
There are two plans available with this online fax service: a monthly one and an annual one.
The monthly plan is priced at $12.99 per month. The plan comes with a free 30-day trial.
The annual plan is priced at $10.83 per month ($129.90 per year).
What features are included with TrustFax’s plans?
TrustFax includes 300 fax pages per month (sent and received). If you exceed the page limit you have to pay $0.10 per additional page.
TrustFax offers cloud storage for your faxes for 30 days. After this period, you can either delete those faxes or you can pay for them $0.03 per message per month. The offer is significantly better if you prepay for an entire year because then you get cloud storage for 365 days instead of the standard 30 days.
This online fax service offers local numbers in all 50 states and toll-free numbers as well. TrustFax also offers international faxing but you have to pay an extra fee, because this feature is not included in the plans. It is quoted per minute and you can send faxes to over 200 international destinations.
TrustFax includes digital signature which makes it a suitable service for sending legal documents.
The service supports all the common file formats, including: Word, Excel, HTML, PowerPoint, JPG, PDF, TIF, GIF, PNG, SNP.
You can send faxes directly from the MS Office interface, if you are using a certain MS Office program.
The service also offers the fax to email feature.
TrustFax is a secure internet fax service that comes with password protection.
The setup process with TrustFax is very easy and quick and all you need in order to send faxes via internet is sign up for the service, choose a plan, create an account and login with your name and password.
Although it has a simple pricing scheme and some useful features such as digital signature and international faxing, there are also drawbacks to TrustFax. One of them is the fact that it doesn’t allow you the keep the number you get from them, after you cancel your subscription with TrustFax. Once you are no longer their customer, you lose the number.
Another drawback is the fact that there is no mobile app, which is a useful and common feature offered by a lot of competitors.
The benefits of online faxing and why you should opt for internet faxing instead of traditional faxing
Faxing changed dramatically as a communication technology since it was invented, more than 170 years ago. The internet makes it possible for us to send and receive faxes now without even using a fax machine. There are a lot of terms used to describe this new and improved technology: internet faxing, online faxing, digital faxing, virtual faxing, e-faxing, web-faxing and others.
There are a lot of advantages of using internet faxing over traditional one:
- We’ll start with the most obvious advantage, which is cost; online faxing cuts down on your expenses and helps you save a lot of money you would otherwise spend on hardware, paper and other consumables; you don’t have to pay for a telephone service either
- Online faxing is much more flexible than traditional faxing; you can send and receive faxes from anywhere in the world, as long as you’re subscribed to an internet fax service, you’ve got a capable device and a reliable internet connection
- Internet faxing is better for the environment because it reduces the number of trees that have to be sacrificied for paper; online faxing is a paperless technology
- All the major online fax service providers are mobile-friendly and offer mobile apps
- Internet faxing is more user-friendly and quick than traditional faxing; it is basically as easy and quick as sending an email to someone, except that you have to attach to the email the document you want to fax
- Online faxing is an office space saver because you no longer need to store bulky fax machines, paper and so on