Trying your hands on a home remodelling project used to be a complex endeavour that would require you to have several specialized skills. But with the right Home Design Software, you don't need to have any construction or architectural skills to build your dream project.
But if you have never used one before, it might be intimidating to look at the numerous options that are available in the market right now. So in this article, we'll tell you some of the features that a Home Design Software must have and also recommend some of the best in the market right now.
- Powerful floor plan capabilities. You need to be able to properly create floor plans in a Home Design Software. A plan for a vast building, a multi story building, and the ability to go back and forth between the 2D and 3D designs, a good Home Design Software needs to have those.
- Easy walls, doors, and windows placement. Once you've finished the plan, you need to be able to easily place the walls, the doors, and the windows. No matter where you want to put it or maybe you want to change your earlier placement, the software needs to be able to accommodate all of those things.
- Extensive libraries of furniture and appliances. Being able to put actual furniture into your 3D design will give you a better understanding on how the design will look like in the real world. That's why you need software with libraries consisting of thousands of furniture and appliances.
- Extensive support and tutorials. A Home Design Software needs to have numerous menus, functions, wizards, and customization. It could get overwhelming for a beginner. That's why the developer has to provide a clear and extensive support and tutorials of the tool.
DreamPlan is the ultimate Home Design Software for beginners. It is equipped with all of the aforementioned features while still managing to create something that is easy to understand. They design the tool from the ground up with usability and new users in mind and they succeed in doing so.
New users could try DreamPlan for the first time and within a couple of hours, they will be able to start their own design. What's even better is the fact that DreamPlan also has a free version available. And if you are interested, the full version is quite affordable.
- Home Designer Suite
The next software that manages to combine the powerful features with ease of use is Home Designer Suite. Similar to DreamPlan, this tool also aims towards new users and thus they design the functions and interface accordingly. There's a steeper learning curve than DreamPlan, but it is still quite user friendly.
In terms of features, Home Designer Suite offers several advanced features that the users can play around with through their wizards. But unfortunately there's no kitchen building wizards available. That's why rather than total beginners, Home Designer Suite is better suited for people who have tried similar tools before.
- Sweet Home 3D
Another Home Design Software that is aimed primarily towards beginners is Sweet Home 3D. And it gets lots of things going for it. The user interface is quite easy to understand, it has all of the necessary features that you need, and it is also quite affordable.
Unfortunately, just like it excels in certain areas, Sweet Home 3D also falls behind in other areas. When it comes to objects library, Sweet Home 3D is miles behind the top entries in this list. It also has no wizards for roofing and fencing. But most importantly, it lacks support for new users.
- Total 3D Landscape and Deck Premium
With Total 3D Landscape and Deck Premium, we stray away from the beginners market and shift our focus on professionals and experienced users. This software offers some of the most advanced features in this list. Even the most basic features are highly customizable with all the details that you could possibly alter.
The object library is also one of the biggest in this list. The level of customization that you can do with Total 3D Landscape and Deck Premium is simply staggering. And of course, it also has one of the steepest learning curves in the industry. That's why new users should stay away from this software.
- Punch Home & Landscape Design Essential
Similar to the previous entry, Punch Home & Landscape Design Essential also focus a lot more on experienced users than on beginners. It is equipped with lots of advanced features that would allow the users to create their dream project, no matter how detailed it might be.
Unfortunately, compared to the Total 3D Landscape and Deck, Punch Home falls short on certain areas. For example, it doesn't have object libraries as big as its alternative, you couldn't make curved walls with this software, and the roofing is unnecessarily complicated.
Trying your hands on creating your own Home Design project requires a powerful tool that could help with what you want to do. Based on the essential features that we have listed above, the five software in the previous section are some of the best in the industry. They accommodate different types of users, so make sure to choose based on what you need to do.