The need for Virtual Private Networks or VPNs is on the rise because of a rising threat to internet privacy. Information can now be easily accessed by hackers and malicious third-parties for their own use because of various reasons. If you are not careful enough, you may fall prey to these criminals which can use your data. Included here are your name, address, and even sensitive information like credit card info and the likes.
The use of VPNs allows you to be invisible online because it 1) encrypts your data and 2) changes your location of access. Based on your preference, you may choose to display your location of access to a country far away as to make sure that hackers will not be able to trace you. This also helps in accessing different streaming websites that has filters for specific countries because of licensing laws.
The VPN is one of the most known because of its affordable price and dependable features. They are one of the best VPNs because of its advanced security features and good prevention of data leaks. Some of their features include:
- Secure encryption– One of the most known features of a Virtual Private Network is encryption. Once you are connected to their server, everything you will upload online will be encrypted first before being sent. This is to prevent any hacker that will be able to take hold of your data to access it. The strength of the encryption depends upon the specific VPN you are using. This is also one of the reasons why using a VPN will naturally make your surfing speeds a little slower.
- Automatic kill switch– To ensure that you will not be reached by hackers online, Surfshark has a kill switch feature that automatically ceases connection to the internet once its defences are bypassed. This prevents the hacker from doing any further damage to your data.
- DNS Leak Protection– The most important data that can be leaked online includes your location of access and your IP address. Having a good DNS Leak protection prevents this from happening.
- MultiHop– This is Surfshark’s own version of a Double VPN. Basically, it sends your data to one more server instead of the usual single server before being sent to the website of your choice. This ensures more protection on your end. This takes a toll on the speed of your access, though, so it is only advised for online transactions with the most fragile information.
- CleanWeb– Surfshark also protects you from common malicious internet activities done by hackers. This includes malware, phishing scams, and tracking. After all, these can be used to take control of your data.
- Camouflage Mode– This is a mode that is best used by those living in a country that monitors its citizens’ online activities. It stops your ISP from being able to monitor activities. It bypasses your connection through network firewalls and blocks. It works on iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Bypassing geo-filters– Some uses Virtual Private Networks for the sole purpose of bypassing country filters for streaming websites like Youtube and Netflix. Surfshark is able to do this for most services.