There are several things you can use a VPN for. The main purpose of a virtual private network is to protect your identity and data while surfing the web. The way a VPN does that is by encrypting your data using strong protocols, so that no one can access it without the encryption key, which is only available to the user. Moreover, when you use a VPN, your IP address changes based on the server you connect to, which can be located anywhere in the world. This way you can hide your identity so that no one knows your real location.
But in addition to security, a VPN can offer so much more:
- A VPN helps you get access to websites that are blocked. The most common example we can give you is Netflix and other streaming services that are geo-restricted. What that means is that you can’t watch movies on Netflix unless that service is available in your country. Your location can easily be found out by checking your IP address. However, when you connect through a VPN, you can easily change that IP address according to your needs. For instance, if you live in Russia but want to watch Netflix US, you simply connect to a US server and you are good to go (assuming your VPN provider can outsmart Netflix and works with it)
- Another great use of VPNs is that of hiding your real location when you download torrents. Torrenting is a sensitive issue in most countries. It is not quite legal and while some countries are more tolerant when it comes to P2P file sharing, others apply harsh fines or even throw you in jail for such activities. A VPN can preserve your anonymity while torrenting, by hiding your real IP address
You should know though that not all VPN providers are equally permissive and open-minded when it comes to allowing torrenting on their servers.
PureVPN is a leading VPN provider and for good reasons. Here are some of its most noteworthy features:
- It is one of the fastest VPNs you can find
- It is very competitive when it comes to number of servers. It has over 2,000 servers in more than 140 countries around the world
- It supports all the major protocols (OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2, PPTP)
- It uses strong encryption and security tools
- It allows up to 5 devices to connect at the same time
- It allows P2P sharing
Does PureVPN allow torrenting?
As revealed above, PureVPN does allow torrenting. It even explains on its website why you should choose their service for your torrenting needs: because PureVPN keeps your IP hidden, it stops speed throttling from your Internet Provider, unblocks P2P sites, blocks malware and Trojans and more.
However, you should know that PureVPN doesn’t allow torrenting on all its servers, since in some countries where they have servers, that activity is not legal. There are a few hundreds servers though that work for sure. PureVPN has dedicated P2P servers that offer high speeds for file sharing, so users know exactly on what servers they can connect.
How to download torrents using PureVPN?
As we’ve mentioned it before, PureVPN offers dedicated servers for file sharing. There are several modes in which you can use PureVPN: file sharing, streaming, gaming and more.
In order to be able to download torrents, you have to select the File sharing mode.
Once you are in that mode, you will see all the available countries for torrenting and their corresponding servers. All the servers that allow you to download torrents will have a P2P symbol.
You simply choose a country and connect to a server.
When you are in the file sharing mode, you will benefit from DNS protection, IPv6 protection and a private and secure connection.