Nowadays, internet security has as much importance as our physical security because of how much negative things an abuse of privacy could cause to both the affected individual and the society at large.
One of the best ways to protect yourself online is to always use a VPN service whenever you connect to the internet. Ideally, the VPN should also have a decent speed and could simultaneously connect to multiple devices so that you could enjoy the protection without having to sacrifice your online experience.
One other important factor is of course the price. I'm not talking about it being cheap, because there's usually something that the company has to sacrifice so that they could offer their services at a very low price. No, what I mean when I'm talking about the price is the delicate balance between functionality and affordability.
With that in mind, these are some of the VPNs that offer the best value for their customers. You'll get the best bang for your back with these.
There are several things that we as the customer has to get for a VPN to be worthy of being called the one with the best value. They are as follows:
- Absolute privacy. The VPN must have proper privacy and anonymity features, such as a strict zero-logs policy, and it needs to be based in a country with strong privacy laws. That way, we can rest assured knowing that the local government won't even try to get their hands on our data.
- Absolute security. The VPN must implement an AES 256-bit encryption method or any other highest type of encryption method available at the time. They also must have a kill switch protocol to further increased our security.
- Absolute protection. There has to be a method to prevent DNS leaks and an option to use the OpenVPN, among others, as one of the default protocols. Split tunneling is also a good option to have but not a must.
- Affordable price. As I mentioned before, there has to be a good balance between what we get and how much we pay for it. It would be better if there's some sort of money-back guarantee policy in place.
- High speed and unlimited bandwidth. A good VPN must strive to offer a fast internet connection despite having to put up all kinds of security and protection on top of it. A decrease from the base internet speed is understandable but it would be better to keep it as low as possible. And of course, unlimited bandwidth is a must.
- Accessibility. We have to be able to access their services through multiple devices at once. The VPN also must have tons of servers that spread across numerous countries, the more the better. One other thing that should be mention is the VPN must be user-friendly without looking out-dated.
- P2P and geo-locked content. Torrenting and streaming geo-locked content have become increasingly essential features that lots of users need. So, it would be great if there are dedicated servers for these types of activities.
- Excellent support. A good VPN must not only has great features but also excellent customer support. They also must have an extensive FAQ section on their official website and there have to be multiple ways to contact the customer support teams.
These are three VPNs that have fulfilled all of the requirements that I've mentioned above. The following VPNs could be considered the ones that offer the best value for their users.
ExpressVPN occupies the top position not only because of its ample features and capabilities but also because of its superb performance. Express VPN is among the fastest VPN and certainly the fastest one on the list.
With thousands of servers in more than 90 countries around the world, ExpressVPN also offers great privacy and anonymity options to its customers. But the most surprising thing about this VPN is its generous offerings.
When I write this article, ExpressVPN offers a 50% discount for their yearly plan. Not only that, but they also slap a three month free as a bonus on top of that. Needless to say, they also have a 30-day money-back guarantee for all of their plans. That is a very great value indeed.
Although it doesn't quite performe like ExpressVPN, NordVPN still has above-average speed and thousands of servers that spread across 50+ countries. The one area where NordVPN truly shines the most is their additional features.
With a small fee on top of their affordable pricing plans, you'll get to access their secured password manager, NordPass, and the highly secured cloud storage, NordLocker.
None of the other VPN on this list offers this kind of extra, this feature is unique to NordVPN and if you need such features, and don't mind paying a small fee for it, then NordVPN could certainly be a very good choice for you.
Cyberghost might not have the performance of Express VPN or the unique features of NordVPN but it is still a very solid VPN that stands above its peers in the industry. Cyberghost ticks all of the requirements that I mentione in the previous section.
The one thing that stands out the most is its low price. Ever since Cyberghost was acquired by a London-based cybersecurity company called Kape Technologies PLC, Cyberghost could offer their service at a much lower price than its competitors.
While still equipped with decent features, CyberGhost offers the least expensive plans on this list. So, if you're looking for a cheap alternative for the other two, Cyberghost is the one for you.
So there you have it. If you're in the market for a VPN that has the best value, the answer is ExpressVPN. NordVPN and Cyberghost are also a solid VPN that has been rated highly by the people in the industry, but in term of raw speed and performance, ExpressVPN stands above them both.
You might be interested in NordVPN's unique features or Cyberghost's cheap price, but at the end of the day, you'll need the performance of ExpressVPN. With its speed, features, generous discounts, money-back guarantee, and its three months bonus, it is clear that ExpressVPN is the VPN with the best bang for your buck.