Everyone’s excited when they get a new Mac computer. At first, it runs flawlessly, fast and smooth. Unfortunately, the ‘new feel’ fades over time and your device might become sluggish. There can be a number of reasons why:
- the fact that you continuously install apps or you don’t properly delete the ones you are not using anymore
- There might be a lot of open apps that run in the background and make your computer move slowly
- You might need to declutter your hard drive
- You might need to empty the caches
- Your Mac might need its OS updated
MacKeeper Overview - Is it a good utility software to consider?
MacKeeper is a Mac utility software developed in 2009 and currently owned by Kromtech. It is one of the most popular yet controversial programs out there, mostly because of its aggressive advertising, which makes it frequently mistaken for a virus, malware, etc. That is why you can find a plethora of articles online with tips on how to uninstall MacKeeper. People don’t really know what to make of it and some are skeptical about using the program.
MacKeeper is in fact a useful utility software that can help you fix bugs, optimize and boost your Mac’s performance. The company boasts on over 13 million users trusting the software so far.
MacKeeper comes as suite of 12 apps in 1. It includes cleaning, security, privacy and performance features.
How much does it cost?
There are 4 types of subscriptions available with MacKeeper: a 1-month plan, a 6-month plan, a 12-month plan, a 24-month plan.
The 1-month plan is priced at $14.95 per month.
The 6-month plan is priced at $9.94 per month.
The 12-month plan is priced at $7.95 per month.
The 24-month plan is priced at $4.95 per month.
What do you get?
MacKeeper has a very easy to grasp interface, which is organized and user-friendly.
In case you have any problems or inquiries, MacKeeper offers 24/7 tech support by live chat, phone and email.
Here are the most notable features included with the software:
- Adware cleaner
- Memory cleaner
- Antivirus security
- Track my Mac feature that is useful if you lose your Mac or it gets stolen; the feature can even take a snapshot of the thief
- Anti-tracking to block ads; adware removal with one click
- VPN private connect, which is a very useful feature for when you connect to an unsecured WiFi network
- Scanner for scanning and fixing junk and risky items
- Login items: you can control the boot time of your Mac by deciding which apps launch at startup
- Smart uninstaller so that you can properly delete unnecessary apps
- Duplicates finder that frees up space on your Mac’s drive by locating and removing unnecessary copies of your files
- Data encryption: This feature lets you hide individual files and folders and supports the AES-128/AES-256 encryption standards. Additionally, password protection is also included
- Daily security updates
- Constant malware protection