VoIP technology, which is short for Voice Over Internet Protocol, keeps replacing landlines everywhere in the world.
VoIP is a web-based technology that allows you to make and receive calls online, with the help of the internet.
The way VoIP works is by converting your analog signal into a digital one and sending the packets of digital data over the internet. These packets can contain more than just audio data; they can also contain text, video, images.
The benefits of using a VoIP service over landlines
- VoIP is more budget-friendly than regular telephony; it doesn’t necessarily require a VoIP phone to work, you can also use your smartphone or your computer
- As long as you have an Internet connection, you can make calls from anywhere, you are not tied up to a certain location
- VoIP is more versatile than regular telephony; it allows you to also send text, images, video
- VoIP can be more efficient than regular telephony, because it uses packet switching instead of circuit switching and it doesn’t need physical wires; that means that the data is transmitted back and forth in real time, without wasting any data
AXVoice is a popular VoIP service provider that operates in the entire US and in Canada.
This VoIP service is considered affordable compared to most its competitors and offers plans for individual uses and business purposes as well.
There are Residential plans offered by AXVoice, Business plans and International plans.
Pay as You Go: $4.99/month (calls will cost 1.5cents/minute anywhere in the US and Canada)
US/Canada 200: $5.99/month (you get 200 minutes to anywhere in the US and Canada)
USA/Canada Unlimited: $8.25/month (you get unlimited calls to anywhere in the US and Canada)
Home Office (SOHO) Plan: $14.99/month (200 minutes to anywhere in the US and Canada)
Small Business Plan: $29.99/month (you get 1500 minutes to anywhere in the US and Canada)
Residential International: $16.58/month (includes VoIP calling to more than 45 international destinations)
Residential International Plus: $29.99/month (includes VoIP calling to more than 60 international destinations)
Features included with AXVoice
AXVoice includes over 30 features with its plans. Regardless of the plan you choose, these features are all available to you. The difference between plans lies in the number of available minutes.
Here are the most important features included with AXVoice:
- Caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, call filter
- Enhanced voicemail
- Simultaneous ring (you can ring up to 3 numbers at the same time)
- Music on hold
- Conference calling
- E911 support so you can dial 911 on your VoIP phone
- Anonymous call rejection
- 3-way calling
- Do not disturb
- Failover (in case your connection drops, your call will be redirected to another number)
- Mobile app that is compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Unlimited calls to more approximately 40 international destinations
- International call blocking
- The ability to port your existing number, if you decide you want to keep that with your new VoIP system
- No sign up contracts
All the plans offered by AXVoice come with a 15-day money back guarantee.