Compared to standard telephony, VoIP has several significant comparative advantages, which is due to its growing popularity around the world, and the most important is certainly the low cost of operation. Namely, if you frequently make PC-to-PC calls, they are free, i.e. you will practically "get" them by paying the monthly price of your internet connection. More importantly, the number of these calls is by no means limited, except for the bandwidth of your internet connection. At the same time, the calls you will make to landlines are far cheaper than standard telephony. Whether it is local, long-distance, continental or intercontinental calls, their price will usually be only a fraction of what you would have to pay to the telephone company for these calls.
Phone Power was founded in 2005 with their headquarters in Winnetka, California. In 2009 the company expanded its offer to Canada and today they offer VoIP services for international calls as well. Phone Power is one of the most recognizable companies offering VoIP services. The significant increase is especially seen in Canada, and their subscribers are growing every year.
Phone Power offers 2 types of VoIP plans: USA/Canada plans and International plans.
Both US/Canada and International plans have the following features:
- Unlimited calls for USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- International Calling
- Keep your current number at no cost
- Mobile app
- Send fax
- Full money-back guarantee within 30 days
- Free and easy installation
- Free Cloned Second Line
Phone Power offers a comprehensive list of features within these plans. Regardless of the plan you choose, you will have all those features. But keep in mind that the rates will be different and that every plan has its own limits when it comes to international calling. One great benefit, among many others, is unlimited calling to the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Look at the features Power Phone offers:
Call features of Phonepower:
- Incoming Call Routing – Now you can relocate the calls to another destination.
- Block List – Make a blacklist
- Call Waiting + Caller ID – with proper information, you will always know who is on the other side of the line
- Call Hold – “Can we put things on hold for a minute or two?” Now you can.
- International Call Block – to avoid additional expenses, choose who you want to talk to from abroad.
- Free International Minutes – Benefit alert! No matter what plan you choose, you will get 60 free minutes for international calling.
- Incoming Call ID – It’s all transparent.
- Free-In-Network Calling – Family members or business partners, listen up! Unlimited free calls within the Phone Power network within the US and Canada.
- Call Notifications – Never miss an important call. Get an email notification when someone calls you.
- Call Forwarding – You can forward your call all around the globe.
With the Phone Power, you can keep your existing number and stay recognizable. Do not waste your time to inform your business partners or family members that you have changed your number.
Phone Power is available on Android and iPhone app for a better mobility feature. This allows you to use your current mobile phone and stay open for business no matter where you are.
- Voicemail to Email – if you did not respond to the call, now you have an online secretary that will transfer the message for you.
- App voice mail access – This feature is also available on your mobile app.
- You will also get a Voicemail Manager – Voicemail Viewer for easier voicemail tracking and viewing.
The Softphone feature is a great solution while traveling or even going abroad. You can download it via the Phone Power app and stay comfortable while calling at no additional costs within your plan.
Fax Catcher feature allows you to receive faxes to your voicemail, open them, sign, or print.
Besides these features, Phone Power has a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer support for any unexpected issues.
Phone Power offers USA/Canada calling plans and International plans. Currently, the company offers 3 types of pricing options: monthly, annual, or with no contract at all.
USA/Canada Unlimited Calling Plans are coming with the following options:
- Monthly pricing plan for $8.33
- 12-Month Term plan for $9.95/month
- No Contract plan for $19.95/month
On the company’s official website, you can get payment details for every plan. Also, you can use their calculator feature to insert some basic information about your status to get an exact quote that will meet your budget.
Equipment is a minimal requirement. You can use only your mobile phone with a PhonePower adapter. Once plugged into your router, you can easily connect it with your mobile phone and use Phone Power features. Otherwise, you will need a computer and a stable internet connection. An additional benefit is the No activation fee feature for a more suitable service.
International Plans are offered in 3 different pricing plans:
- Unlimited World for $19.95 – 28 countries plus USA calling.
- Unlimited World Plus for $24.95 – 75 countries + 26 mobile areas + USA calling.
- Unlimited World Premium for $49.95 – 87 countries + 47 mobile areas + USA calling.
All these plans are available with No contract option. You can get personal international calls and on their official website, you can easily calculate how much you can save on international calls depending on the international plan you choose.
What do other people say about their services?
Phone Power has gained a lot of positive user reviews in the last couple of years. Their users are very satisfied with their customer support which is available 24/7. For those who are not tech-savvy, Phone Power has a simple and user-friendly interface, and their users love the easy navigation.
Many of their customers have found satisfaction in the many options that the company offers. Lower monthly costs for a landline and savings on international calls, plus additional Unlimited international calling minutes is praised.
Free Android and iPhone mobile app and softphone options is a great choice for many Phone Power users who travel a lot, but still want to stay available.
Great call quality is praised a lot together with easy setup. This is an important notice because you do not want to pay for an international plan and get a bad connection. Phone Power makes sure that your calls will be in HD quality, together with all included features.
Our overall conclusion is that Phone Power is a reliable and transparent VoIP service with a comprehensive list of advanced features available in all their plans. No matter if you choose the USA/Canada plan or an International plan, you will get all the features. If you want to extend free international calls or access to some other international countries, it is also available. The monthly savings are large and significant whether you use them for your business or private.
Transparency, mobility (both for Android and iPhone users), HD quality calls and 24/7 available customer support are great benefits. No contract option is more expensive than other options, but it is expected. Great VoIP service and a reliable company.