Vonage is one of the most well-known names in the VoIP industry. This is because of their services are known for turning smartphones into a virtual extension which gives maximum user convenience. Aside from this, they are also known for friendly rates for international calls.
Vonage offers three residential plans:
The first is the North America Plan priced at $14.99 per month for 6 six months along with a 1-year agreement. It is priced at $26.99 per month without a contract.
The plan gives unlimited calls for North America, Canada, and Mexico. This is for both landline and mobile numbers.
The second plan is the World Plan priced at $19.99 per month for 6 months along with a 1-year agreement. It is priced at $29.99 per month without a contract.
This plan gives unlimited calls for 60 countries (listed in their website) for landline calls and unlimited calls for 10 countries for mobile calls.
The third plan is the US and Canada 400 Plan priced at $14.99 per month for 1 year with an agreement for the same duration. It is priced at $14.99 per month priced without a contract.
This plan has individual rates for select countries for both landline and mobile numbers. It also has an allocation of 400 minutes per month.
These plans can have additional features added to them at additional costs. Overall when we did a review on the different features that Vonage offers we were impressed with the large variety of options for VOIP phones at your house.
The following are the features of Vonage Residential Plans:
•3-way calling – This allows you to add a third person to your phone call at any time in the conversation.
• Anonymous call block – This feature blocks all those without a Caller ID from being able to call your phone. They will instead receive a notification that your number doesn’t allow calls from unknown numbers.
• Bandwidth saver – Vonage uses the minimum internet connection to save your bandwidth data.
• Call hunt – Up to five lines can be rang until you answer a call to avoid missing an important call.
• Call Return - Information about the time of call and the name of the caller can be seen.
• Call Transfer – If you are currently in another call, you can redirect a call to another number within USA, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
• Call Waiting – You can see the current caller in case you are on the other line.
• Caller ID – You can see the information of the caller before you answer the phone.
• Caller ID Block – You can block a specific number from calling your phone.
• Do not disturb – You can set a specific time when your phone will redirect all calls directly to your voicemail.
• In-networking calling – Calling numbers that are also under Vonage is free and unlimited.
• International and directory assistance block – You can block directory assistance. You can also block all international numbers.
• Network availability number - In case your phone has run out of power, you can automatically make an incoming call redirected to another number
• Ring lists – You can redirect incoming calls to any Vonage numbers
• Emergency numbers – Vonage has pre-installed special services number available for calling.
Some of Vonage’s additional features has additional pricing to them. It is the following:
•Virtual number – You can set up a virtual number for your system. This can be called for the price of a call to a local number.
• Dedicated fax line – You can use your home phone as an additional fax line.
• Add a phone line – You can add a phone to your Vonage account
• Toll-Free Plus – With an additional fee, you can waive all toll fees for those who will call your number.
• Vonage Extensions – You can use your Vonage number anywhere as long as you have your smartphone.