8x8 is a VoIP provider renowned for its award-winning services. Being a cloud-based communication system, their system is one of the fastest and most reliable in the industry. They currently have over 125 patents. They are one of the best business communication services as they cater to different industries including transportation, education, healthcare, and insurance.
8x8 is based in San Jose, California. Instead of requiring you to have the hardware to connect your office phone, which is usually expensive and bulky in offices, 8x8 offers a cloud-based Virtual PBX. This allows you to route calls and to have more features for calling, with less equipment needed and with better accessibility for users.
Here are the most important features of 8x8 VoIP:
- Virtual Receptionist – Instead of requiring the office to have a receptionist, 8x8 offers an auto attendant that receives all of the calls and redirects them to the appropriate numbers
- Ring Groups – These are groups of extensions that can share incoming calls for them to be evenly distributed. They are also called Hunt Groups
- Number Porting – Whenever transitioning to their system, you will be given the option to use your old phone numbers. This enables you to transition without having to inform your customers. It also prevents you from losing contact with them
- Music on Hold – 8x8 has an option that allows you to play standby music. You can also play marketing messages to your callers, to keep their interest while they are on hold
- Directory assistance – You are given the option to add your telephone number and company. These are all stored in the Directory Assistance Listing provider
- Hosted PBX – They have a modern PBX that is fully virtual, in order to save more space and to be able to connect through cloud
- Extension Dialing – This is a feature that allows you to call anyone within the company. All that will be required is an extension number. This is also available for those who are in a different location
- Instant Messaging – You can do instant messaging with contacts and colleagues through the phone system provided by 8x8. You can also use your Google/Gmail contacts
- Conference Bridge – You can conduct conferences within the phone system
- Call Recording – With the consent of the customer, you can also choose to record phone calls, to improve customer relations. You can record both incoming and outgoing calls
Their pricing for the small business plans is as follows:
For 1-99 users, the prices are $12 for the Express Version, $25 for the X Series X2 version, $45 for the X Series X4 version, and $110 for the X Series X6 version. All of these prices are charged per user.
For 100+ users, the prices are $12 for the Express Version, $23 for the X Series X2 version, $43 for the X Series X4 version, and $107 for the X Series X6 version.
Their pricing for enterprise plans is as follows:
For 1-99 users, the prices are $25 for the X Series X2 version, $45 for the X Series X4 version, $110 for the X Series X6 version, and $172 for the X Series X8 version.
For 100+ users, the prices are $23 for the X Series X2 Version, $43 for the X Series X4 version, $107 for the X Series X6 version, and $167 for the X Series X8 version.