Carchex is a renown name in the auto insurance industry. This is because they have been operating ever since 1999. With 20 years of experience, they are known to be able to serve customers regardless of budget, mileage, and parts coverage. Currently, they are offering up to 18 contracts which makes it easier for customers to choose one that best fits their budget. Keep reading to find out the full scoop with our Carchex extended car warranty review.
Currently, Carchex offers 5 types of plans which have up to 18 contracts. They differ in terms of issuing insurance company, cost, and coverage.
- Bronze – These plans are the most basic among the five. The coverage for bronze includes Common Engine and Transmission repairs which are the most vital whenever having mechanical breakdowns. These are the most affordable out of all. They offer two extended car warranty plans for Bronze.
- Silver – These plans are for those who would like to cover more of their car’s major systems. They are the next most affordable plan out of all. They offer three extended car warranty plans for Silver.
- Gold – These plans are for those who would like to cover more than 60,000 miles for their auto insurance. Including in the coverage is the major parts of the vehicle. They offer three extended car warranty plans for Gold.
- Platinum – These plans are for those who would like to cover most of the parts of their vehicle. It is the second plan with the most coverage, although it isn’t entirely bumper-to-bumper. They offer three extended car warranty plans for Platinum.
- Titanium – These plans are the most expensive and also the ones with the most coverage. They cover the car bumper-to-bumper and is the closest thing to a manufacturer’s warranty. It is recommended for those with more budget for their auto insurance. They offer five extended car warranty plans for Titanium.
Based on the contracts available for Carchex Auto Insurance, they are one of the companies with the highest number of available plans. This is a good thing as it allows users to be able to have more choices depending on their budget and their expected coverage.
The process for obtaining a quote for Carchex is easy and can be done in a day. The only complaint is that their advertisers for their service are quite aggressive in marketing which can be a nuisance for some. Aside from this, reading the contracts and being guided throughout the process was a breeze for those who would like to pursue with their service. The prices for their plans are also affordable in comparison to other services.
Aside from repair coverage, Carchex also offers additional features for their users. For example, roadside assistance is available 24/7 for towing needs, fuel emergencies, and others. You are also given rental car coverage which reimburses the fee for renting a car during the duration of your car repair.
The only con that we can see with Carchex are that it does not cover vehicles that have frame or suspension modifications. This means that trailer hitches, tires that are over/undersized, and lift kits will not be included. Maintenance items will also be not covered by the insurance, including oil changes, spark plugs, and the likes.
Overall we like Carchex and give them a thumbs up!