Carchex is one of the most renown names in the auto-insurance industry. Starting from 1999, they are known to offer quality vehicle insurance for almost all types of customer budgets. With almost 20 years of service, they are known for giving extended service contracts with collaborations with other warranty companies including Royal Administration Services and American Auto Shield to give more options for their users. Keep reading our Carchex review to find out all the info on this extended auto insurer.
By having a vehicle warranty, customers are given the peace of mind for their vehicles as to prepare them for future mechanical breakdowns of any kind. They offer a lot of different contracts for customers to be able to determine their best match depending on mileage, coverage, and costs.
Types of coverage
Carchex offers different types of coverage for customers. These contracts differ upon the supplying company, mileage, years, and the cost for insurance. They are currently divided into five namely:
- Bronze – These are the most affordable plans they offer. Bronze covers both the common engine and transmission repairs. Currently, Carchex offers two plans under Bronze.
- Silver – These are the plans recommended for those who would like to cover their car’s major systems. This is one of the most affordable plans. Currently, Carchex offers three plans under Silver.
- Gold – These are the plans recommended for those who want to cover up to 60,000 miles. The coverage for these plans includes major vehicle systems. It is recommended for those not planning to go all out on vehicle insurance and for those who only want to ensure the major parts of their car. Currently, Carchex offers three plans under Gold.
- Platinum – These are the plans that cover almost all parts of the car. It is not, however, a bumper-to-bumper coverage. It is recommended for those looking forward to ensuring major vehicle systems and additional accessories for their car. It is recommended for those looking forward to allotting more budget for their auto insurance. Currently, Carchex offers three plans under Platinum.
- Titanium – These are the most comprehensive plans that offer the most coverage. This is because it offers a bumper-to-bumper plan that ensures all parts of the car. This is the closest insurance to a factory warranty. It is recommended for those who plan to allot more budget for their auto insurance. Currently, Carchex offers five plans under Titanium.
The number of plans that Carchex offers sums up to 18 plans. This is a good feature as it allows users to have more freedom in terms of choosing a plan that best fits their needs and their budgets.
Aside from offering repair coverage, Carchex also has additional features to aid users in their driving. These include the following:
- 24/7 roadside assistance – For any emergencies while on the road, you can call for their services. These include fuelling needs, engine problems, a need for a tow truck, and others.
- Rental car coverage – If your car is being repaired, you can avail for their rental coverage which pays for the days where you will be unable to use your car.