Traditional faxing is slowly being phased out in the business world. The arrival of online faxing or desktop faxing allowed companies to be able to do their document transactions through the internet and with cloud storage. It also enabled them to integrate business applications like Microsoft Office, ZenDesk, and more to faxing.
Through online faxing, users are allowed either to send faxes through e-mail or to a traditional fax machine which makes it friendly to use even for businesses that still have not upgraded to this technology.
Sfax is a pioneer on the online faxing market. They are mostly known for their very secure faxing encryption and their features that are useful for team collaboration.
Because of their mentioned security protocols, they are primary marketed towards healthcare providers. This is because of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA signed on 1996 which made medical history records-keeping stricter.
With Sfax, businesses and healthcare providers are ensured that their documents are safe. They use SSAE16 Type 2 data centers for encryption which makes it secure for sending online. This level of encryption is unmatched by other online faxing providers which make them a good option for any businesses.
These are the highlight features of Sfax:
- Unlimited ports for sending and receiving faxes
- Administration controls are easy. Users can set permissions, access, and security settings through admin controls.
- The service is connected to printing which makes it easy to make a physical copy of a scanned document simply though your PC’s ‘print’ function
- For HIPAA compliance, the activities made by an account are fully audited for the administrator to see to ensure that vital information will always be kept secure
- Annotations, comments, and digital signatures can be made through the web interface. You can easily insert this onto any document that you will send and receive without the need to print and scan it afterwards. Highlighting texts is also available.
- Contact management is easy as their application can support organizing contacts into groups and by interest. This can make communication easier for both parties and lessens the risk of accidentally dialing wrong numbers.
- Notifications and messages can be made through their mobile application which makes it more convenient to use especially for businesses where some employees work at home.
Although their features may be too much for small businesses that may not need many, Sfax has plans that are specifically suited for these. These are equipped with flexible pricing plans and the most vital features of their service. Customer support is also the same as with big businesses and is handled by humans.
Enterprises are the main beneficiaries of Sfax’s features and security. According to their website, they comply with SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and more federal regulations which makes them a good choice for any business which will handle critical data.
The pricing for enterprises and the number of faxes allotted can also be flexible given the fact that they may need more.