- Secure document encryption
- Allows easy group collaboration
- Has an interface that is easy to learn
- Does not have an Android application
- iPhone applications lack features
Sfax is the best choice if your main priority is document security and encryption. It is the number one choice by companies that deal with medical data because of the need for HIPA-compliance. Other than that, the application lacks a little bit in terms of innovative features such as an Android application or an iPhone application with a lot of features.
Nowadays, businesses have successfully transitioned to online faxing. Instead of having to rely on traditional faxing, with its frequent errors and expensive costs, this modern way of faxing allows integration to online services, computer-based business applications, and cloud storage which makes it favorable for today’s businesses.
Sfax is one of the most known online faxing services. Created by SecureCare, they are best known for their secure encryption services and good quality of faxing. They have tens of thousands of subscribers across the US which proves the product’s popularity among businesses.
The features of Sfax are straightforward for users.
- Simple User Controls – Sfax has a user interface that is easy to learn upon installation. The application supports multiple users from different accounts and groups, with administrators able to give access and permission through a menu. Security settings can also be adjusted different per user.
- Organization tool – The application allows users to sort and manager their faxes accordingly. Contacts are segregated according to groups and interests depending on the user. Collaboration for group works are easy with their workflow tools.
- HIPAA Compliant Encryption – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act require health companies to securely keep their customers’ information. This is why it is important for them to have an online faxing service that has a secure encryption protocol. Sfax is the best option for these companies because of their military-grade encryption. They also use SSAE16 Type 2 cloud-based servers for maximum protection.
- Unlimited Fax Ports – Instead of having busy signals like with traditional faxing, Sfax allows users to send and receive faxes without interruptions.
- Business Application Integration – Sfax can be used along with desktop business applications whose contents you have to fax to other people. For example, it is compatible with Adobe and the Microsoft Office applications. You can do this without visiting Sfax’s website which makes it more convenient to use.
- Digital Signatures and Comments – A great tool that is exclusive for online faxing is the use of digital signatures. Whenever you need to submit a document, you can simply sign it through your computer instead of having to print it and scan again. You can also insert shapes or text to annotate papers. You can even highlight specific parts of the paper for reference. Last, you can also insert stamps and seals to documents through the service.
- Custom Cover Pages – Sfax has a tool that allows you to edit the cover page of the document in case specificities for the receiver is needed.
Sfax’s features allow easy group collaboration online which is great for businesses who has work-at-home members. They also have a secure encryption to the documents you send and receive which is especially helpful for companies who deal with medical data. Lastly, the interface it uses is very easy to learn and use by many.
The only downsides to the service are the lack of an Android application. Users are also complaining about their iPhone application which lacks features in comparison to their web-based interface.
Currently, they are charging the following rates depending on the number of pages:
- $29 per month for 350 total pages
- $49 per month for 700 total pages
- $99 per month for 1,500 total pages
Enterprises who will need more pages per month can inquire directly to the company for more flexible rates