Millions of Americans fall victims to ID theft every year. Thieves spare no one; both individuals and organizations are targeted, regardless of their profile. Your identity can be stolen through various methods: from direct theft of your personal documents, such as your credit cards, social security numbers, to cyber schemes such as phishing scams, e-mail hacking, network hacking, social media hacking and so on. Thieves can even get their hands on your data by stealing your trash (you might throw away packages, envelopes, old bills that might contain important personal information). Due to the large number of ways that thieves can get into your personal information many people find that by signing up to a service designed to protect you, there is not only the peace of mind that comes with having the service; but also the actual proteciton provided by the service. This is why we have seen an increase in people who have chosen to use Zander Identity Theft as a tool in their defense against criminals.
There are several types of identity theft out there: financial theft, criminal theft, medical identity theft, child ID theft. Thieves can take advantage of your identity in numerous ways: they can empty your bank account, get medical benefits using your name, they can apply for a credit card, a loan and so on.
How to protect yourself from ID theft?
A lot of the precautionary measures you can take against ID theft are common and you might not consider them that important; but it’s the little things you do on a daily basis that can reduce or increase the chances of having your ID stolen:
- Make a habit of shredding all the paper documents you no longer need, rather than throwing them into the trash
- Don’t carry around with you all your important documents;
- Make sure you only input your personal/financial information on secure, trusted websites and only when absolutely necessary
- Don’t click on unknown, suspicious links, don’t open emails from unknown sources
- Don’t give your personal information to anyone requesting it, you unless they can prove their identity and they can justify it 100%
- Use strong passwords for all your accounts
- Use additional security measures such as an antivirus software, a VPN, especially if you use a public WiFi to connect to the internet
- Don’t download files from unknown, unverified sources
Zander is a popular, trust-worthy identity theft protection service offered by Zander Insurance. Zander Insurance is primarily renowned for its various insurance services, which it offers for almost 100 years, since it’s been founded. Zander sells life insurance, health insurance, car insurance and more.
The company has a high rating (has an A+ from the Better Business Bureau) and its association with Dave Ramsey helped with its popularity. Dave Ramsey is a famous author, radio show host and business man, popular for its “7 baby steps to financial freedom” and other money management strategies.
What are the plans offered by Zander?
Zander offers two plans: an Individual plan and a Family plan. You can opt for monthly or annual payment with both plans.
The Individual plan is priced at $6.75 per month and $75 per year.
The Family plan is billed $12.90 per month and $145 per year.
If you opt for the Family plan, you will benefit from ID theft protection for up to 10 children within the household, with the condition that they are under the age of 18.
In order to subscribe to Zander’s service, you have to provide your name, address (including city, state and ZIP code), email, birthdate, phone number and preferred billing method. You can choose between electronic checks and debit/credit cards.
Zander protects its customers from all the common types of identity theft: criminal ID theft, financial theft, medical ID theft, tax fraud, child identity theft, employment fraud, title fraud.
There is however a form of protection not included in Zander’s offer and that is credit monitoring. There are services out there that also monitor your credit with all three major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Experian, Equifax), such as Identity Force and others.
However, Zander does offer daily monitoring for all your personal information such as: your social security number, your driver’s license number, your medical insurance number, your phone number/s, your credit and debit card numbers, your bank account number and so on. Zander continuously scours the internet for any activities in which those details might be involved and in case they find anything suspicious, they immediately alert you via email.
The monitoring service is available for up to:
- 1 social security number
- 1 driver license
- 6 credit/debit cards
- 5 emails
- 5 medical IDs
- 5 phone numbers
- 5 bank account numbers
Recovery services offered by Zander
One of the most important features to look for in an ID theft protection service is recovery assistance. While your chances of falling victim to ID theft is significantly reduced when using an ID theft protection service, no one can guarantee you 100% protection. That is why it is important to make sure you’ll receive help and will benefit from assistance in case ID theft happens to you.
Zander offers recovery services and they include:
- 24/7 support from a certified agent who will be assigned to your case; you will benefit from a “white glove” service from a Certified Recovery Specialist
- Up to $1 million insurance for stolen funds and expenses; this amount will cover all the expenses involved in recovering your identity: the cost of legal fees, travel expenses, filing fees, costs for freezing your credit and so on
- Support for 36 months after your identity has been restored
- Lost wallet protection; in case you lose your wallet or it gets stolen, you will receive help in canceling any credit cards, reissuing documents that were in your wallet and so on.
The 24/7 customer support is also available to you if you didn’t have your ID stolen and you just have questions or any kind of problems that require assistance. You can contact Zander by email or phone.