As fellow animal lovers, I'm sure you'd always be on the lookout for any new and innovative stuff that happened in the world of technology, medicine, and even supplements that could boost the health of your beloved animals. That is especially true if your pets are currently not in an optimal condition.
CBD oil is one of the latest products that came out in the market recently that claims to be able to alleviate some of your pets' ailments. And unlike other products on the market right now, CBD oil has research and FDA's approval behind its claim.
So what is actually CBD and CBD oil and what kind of benefits that it could deliver to your pets or animals in general? This article will answer all of those questions for you so that you could make an informed decision before purchasing and using CBD oil.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the main components that was found within the cannabis plant, particularly in hemp. CBD is the one that is responsible for that calming and relaxing effect that you'd usually find in the plant.The one that is responsible for that feeling of high, on the other hand, is something called Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
By only extracting the CBD and processing it further in order to turn it into something that could easily be used by most people, the scientists managed to create a derivative product called CBD oil. This is the product that could be mass produced and used for both humans and animals.
There has been multiple research conducted in order to fully understand the effects of this exciting product. The ones that have finished showed positive results while there are tons of other research that are still ongoing right now. For that reason, the FDA has approved the use of CBD as a way to treat seizures. We have done an article that fully explains what CBD oil can do for dogs , at a more in depth focus if you need more specific information.
Within both human and animal bodies is something called the endocannabinoid system that consists of endocannabinoid receptors. This system and especially its receptors is part of our nervous system and regulates a lot of important things, such as our physiological process and pain modulation, among other things.
Cannabidiol (CBD) will interact with the endocannabinoid receptors and essentially affect how our nervous system regulates some of our physiological processes. That's why a proper use of CBD on both humans and animals could help treat and alleviate some of our health conditions.
That being said, there are several things that we need to keep in mind when using CBD. First of all, the FDA reminds the consumer that CBD by itself cannot cure diseases, it merely helps treat it, at least until further research on its benefits discover more information about it.
The other thing that we need to remember is the purity and doses. More often than not, the psychoactive THC will be mixed in with the CBD. The more THC in it, the more you or your pets experience its negative effects. And proper dosage is also important in order to get the most out of CBD oil. Make sure to consult your healthcare provider before using it. This is why we really try to stress the importance of finding a good quality product. It is very hard to tell what is good or bad, and sometimes the time it takes to try out different brands can be frustrating. This is why, for Canada we find the best CBD oil is from Furbabies and co.
Yes, CBD oil is safe to use both on animals and on humans as well. Not only that, CBD oil actually could give you lots of benefits in terms of your physical and also mental health. The FDA even recommended the use of CBD to help treat certain diseases, particularly epilepsy.
But just like what we mentioned in the previous section, there's a caveat to the benefits that you'll get with CBD oil, which is purity and dosage. That's why both healthcare providers and the FDA recommend you to use CBD oil instead of the other form of CBD products.
There are other forms of delivery that are available in the market and you could easily purchase. But using the oil one would allow you to properly manage the dosage, drops by drops. As for the purity, you should do proper research both on the products and the manufacturer and also look at customer's reviews before you settle on any particular brand.
There are lots of health benefits that your pets could get by using CBD oil. But while some of them have been clinically proven by numerous scientists and government's agency, others are more based around the experience of those who have used it for a long time.
1. Epilepsy. The FDA has officially approved and recommended the use of CBD for the treatment of epilepsy. CBD has proven to be able to significantly reduce the frequency and severity of seizures on patients that suffer from epilepsy.
2. Anti-anxiety. The relaxing and calming effect of CBD is perfect to help those who suffer anxiety problems. CBDs will work significantly better at reducing the anxiety levels without any negative side effects of prescription medicine. But of course, it needs to be used with the proper dosage.
3. Joint problems. Among CBD's many properties is something called anti-inflammatory. This particular property makes CBD perfect for treating joint problems like sprain or arthritis. CBD has proven to work way better than conventional medicine when it comes to treating joint problems.
4. Stimulate appetite. Some of the great effects of CBDs that have been recorded by those who have used it for quite some time is an increase in appetite. This is turns out to be true because scientist have found that CBD not only work on the nervous system but it also affect the digestive system as well
5. Help with cancer treatment. To be clear, CBD cannot cure cancer. What it can do, however, is greatly help with its treatments. Numerous cancer patients have said that using CBD could help reduce the pain that they constantly felt, which makes the cancer treatment easier for the patients.
CBD oil is yet another beneficial innovation with lots of benefits not only to humans, but also to animals as well. By interacting with the endocannabinoid receptors within our nervous system, CBD could help with lots of things from joint problems to anti-anxiety and even helping with cancer treatment as well.
That being said, further research is clearly needed in order for us to fully understand the full capabilities of CBD. That is why you should definitely consult your trusted doctors and vets before you decide to use CBD oil and also do your own research on top of that.