Even though front-load washers are more popular nowadays, many still prefer the design and functionality of top-load washing machines. They take up less space, you don’t have to bend every time you have to load in the laundry and they can be gentler on your clothes. Also, a lot of manufacturers have replaced the agitators in top-load washers with impellers, which are not only tenderer on your items but also they clean your clothes thoroughly.
Here are 5 of the best top-load washers you can buy in 2018:
- Samsung WA50M7450AW. It is a 5.0 cu. ft. washer and can be purchased for approx. $600. It has 11 cycles, 800 RPM (maximum spin speed), diamond drum design, which is gentler on the clothing, a self-clean feature and it is Energy Star Certified, meaning it is energy efficient and eco-friendly
- GE GTW485ASJWS. It is one of the most budget-friendly options on the market right now. You can get it for as low as $500 and it is a very simple washer, no bells and whistles. It has a capacity of 4.2, 13 programs and a max. spin speed of 800 RPM. It is Energy Star certified.
- Whirlpool WTW5000DW. This washer is a good choice for people interested in saving on water. It costs around $530 and it has a capacity of 4.3 cu. ft. It has 12 washing cycles and a max. spin speed of 660 RPM. It also has a quick wash cycle which washes your clothes in just 28 minutes. This Whirlpool model comes with automatic water levels so it will only use the amount of water needed for your specific size of load, thus increasing efficiency.
- LG WT7500CW. It is a premium top-load washer. It can be purchased for approx. $750 and it is impressive in terms of capacity, power and features. The LG WT7500CW has a 5.2 cu. ft. capacity, a max. spin speed of 950 RPM, 14 wash cycles, 5 temperature settings and digital controls. It also has tub clean, bulky/bedding, speed wash, towels and waterproof as additional cycles.
- Maytag MVWB955FC. It is a very large top-load washer, with a capacity of 6.2 cu. ft. It is not the most affordable option out there, but it is worth very penny. It costs around $1,400 but it can handle really large loads, so it is suited for families who have a lot of laundry. This Maytag has 10 wash cycles, including Powerwash, which is for clothes with rough stains on them. Other cycles are rinse and spin, sanitize, tub clean, speed wash. The maximum spin speed is 1000 RPM. This washer has an impeller, 5 wash speeds and 5 wash temperatures. The Maytag washer has a delay start feature, an internal heater and a Deep Fill feature, which gives more water for those difficult loads that require a thorough soak.