An electric toothbrush could clean your teeth better than a conventional toothbrush, and Philips Sonicare with their sonic technology is one of the best electric toothbrushes in the world. Philips Sonicare 6500 is one of their high-end toothbrushes. And it is a perfect model for both those who already have experience with an electric toothbrush and those who never used one before.
This brief article would tell you all about the features, benefits, and other things that you need to know regarding Philips Sonicare 6500 electric toothbrushes. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you could gain a better insight into the device and help you with your purchase decision.
Philips Sonicare is an electric toothbrush that has been in the market for decades and is currently one of the leading brands in the electric toothbrush market. Philips Sonicare 6500 is one of their higher-end models and perfectly suitable for your every need. Whether you are an avid user or a newcomer to electric toothbrush technology, this model is perfect for you.
Philips Sonicare itself is a brand that first started in the late 1980s. It was already in the market by then. But it wasn't until the Philips Corporation, under their Philips Domestic Appliances Division, acquired the brand in the early 2000s and later on started to use the now-famous "Philips Sonicare" brand, that it finally turned into a global commercial success that we know now.
- Sonic technology. Philips Sonicare 6500 uses the patented Sonic technology to move its brush head. This technology makes it possible to generate 31,000 brush strokes per minute. As a result, Philips Sonicare 6500 could remove up to four times more plaque than your conventional toothbrush.
- Long-lasting battery. A fully charged Philips Sonicare 6500 could last for as long as two weeks under normal and regular use. Regular use is when you use the toothbrush twice a day, two minutes for each session, every day. That is the length of the toothbrush session as recommended by dental experts.
- Rechargeable battery. Those aforementioned batteries are Lithium-Ion batteries that could be recharged by the charging dock that is provided within the package. It usually takes around 10~12 hours to fully charge the device but if you put it back to its charging dock after each use, then your Philips Sonicare 6500 won't ever run out of power.
- Quadpacer and smartimer. Dental experts recommend we divide our teeth into four quadrants (upper right and left, and lower right and left) and brush our teeth for two minutes for each session. Philips Sonicare 6500 has a quadpacer feature that would make an audible sound every 30 seconds to remind you to change quadrants. And there's also the smart timer that would both vibrate and let out a sound once the two-minute time has passed. After that, the toothbrush would automatically turn itself off.
- Pressure sensor. Another important point that we should be aware of when brushing our teeth is the pressure. Philips Sonicare 6500 is equipped with a pressure sensor that would light up whenever you pressed your teeth too hard. This way, you could adjust your strength to avoid hurting your teeth and gum. We did a Sonicare 6500 review and this was one of the features that the higher end models have versus the entry level models.
- 3 Intensity settings and modes. You could also easily customize your brushing session through three available modes. Clean, white, and gum care. Not only that, but you could also customize the intensity of the brush movement according to your particular preferences.
- Easy-start. For those of you who're not used to electric toothbrushes, Philips Sonicare 6500 has a feature called "Easy-Start". This feature allowed the movement of the brush to start gently and gradually power up to its standard speed and power during the first 14 days in order to get you used to using an electric toothbrush.
- Battery charge indicator. To make it easier for the user to know when is the right time to charge the battery, Philips Sonicare 6500 has a battery charge indicator at the bottom of the handle. It would light up red to let you know that it needs to be charged and it would change to green once it's fully charged.
- Brush head replacement reminder. Another extremely useful reminder is for the brush head replacement. As recommended by dental experts, you should replace your brush head once every three months. This indicator would remind you when is the best time to replace your brush head so that you wouldn't have to mark it on your calendar or keep a mental note on your head. Philips Sonicare 6500 will tell you when the time comes.
- Free travel case. When you purchase a brand new Philips Sonicare 6500, you will receive a travel case inside the package. But it's not just a regular case, this one is equipped with a USB charging connector. This means you could charge your toothbrush through the USB connector without having to take it out of the case.
- Warranty. When you purchase a Philips Sonicare 6500, you enjoy a two-year full warranty. So if your device ever breaks down or you see any damage in it, you could claim the warranty and receive a brand new device.
- Easy to use. To use Philips Sonicare 6500, all you need to do is simply click a button to turn it on, brush your teeth, wait for the sound to change the quadrant, then wait for the end signal. And if you want to customize the cleaning mode or the intensity, all you need to do is just click another button to adjust it to your liking. That's it. It's so easy, isn't it?
- Affordable. A brand new Philips Sonicare 6500 would only cost you $134.95 before shipping. When you consider all the essential features and benefits that you got with this particular model of Sonicare, that price is actually a bargain. You could compare Philips Sonicare 6500 with other electric toothbrushes from other brands that have similar specs, and you would find that this one is actually the electric toothbrush with one of the best values in the market.
- Great design. Philips Sonicare 6500 has a sleek body and a very modern look. It has a smooth surface with a solid color body (you could choose either a solid black or white). It follows the minimalist design aesthetic that has been all the rage these past few years.
If you are currently considering a new electric toothbrush, whether you want to replace your current device or finally buy your first one, I believe Philips Sonicare 6500 is a solid choice for you. It has all the features that you might need in an electric toothbrush. And you could also customize it further through the cleaning modes and the intensity options if you want to.
What's more, there are also lots of additional benefits such as the warranty and the incredible travel case that comes free within the package. Not to mention the long-lasting battery and the fact that it is so easy to use, make it that much more effective and efficient to use.
And if you are still on the fence about the price, then I implore you to look around for a bit. Explore Amazon or other retail shops that you trust to look for an electric toothbrush with the same specification and benefit as the Philips Sonicare 6500. Only then would you finally see that this is one of the best bang for your buck.