The quality of your coffee depends on several factors: the coffee beans you use, the coffee maker and the process itself of preparing your coffee.
We are not going to discuss coffee types and brands here, because taste is subjective and each individual has his/her own preferences.
Main types of coffee makers
As for coffee makers, there are several types of appliances you can use to brew your coffee. Here are the most common ones used:
- One cup coffee makers, which are very popular nowadays; you have to buy coffee pods and a pod (or sometimes two) is used for a single cup of coffee. There is a wide variety of pods you can choose from, so you can get exactly what you want, in terms of strength, flavor and so on. One cup coffee makers are easy to use but may cost you more in the long run because you have to buy a lot of pods
- Drip coffee makers, which are among if not the most popular coffee makers, are affordable, very easy to use and you can prepare large quantities of coffee at once. Coffee connoisseurs may not consider them the best choice when it comes to the taste and flavor of the coffee
- French presses, which are also cheap and easy to use, for both coffee and tea drinkers. They are very minimalistic and don’t require additional accessories such as filters. They require some experience and adjusting to if you want to obtain the best coffee with them, because you have to know exactly how long to leave the coffee
- Espresso machines are the most complex, expensive and professional types of coffee makers. They come with a plethora of features, are programmable, have timers and allow you to prepare any type of drink you want, from cappuccino to espresso to latte and so on. The only drawback with them is their high price
Ninja Coffee Bar System – Is it a good coffee maker to consider?
Ninja is a brand owned by SharkNinja Operating LLC, a household appliances company based in the United States. The company was founded in 1998 in Canada and then settled in Massachusetts, right outside Boston. SharkNinja manufactures products such as blenders, multi-cookers, pressure cookers and slow cookers, air fryers, food processors, coffee makers and more.
There are 4 coffee and tea makers available right now from Ninja: Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System with Thermal carafe, Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System with Glass Carafe, Ninja Coffee Brewer and Ninja Coffee Bar System with Glass Carafe. In this article we are going to focus on the latter.
Price. The Ninja Coffee Bar System can be purchased on the official website for $169.99. The coffee maker comes with free shipping, a 1-year limited warranty and a 60-day money back guarantee. In addition to the coffee maker itself, the package includes the 10-cup (50 oz.) glass carafe, the Ninja smart scoop, a permanent filter and a 20-recipe inspiration guide.
Here are the main specifications for the Ninja Coffee Bar System:
- Dimensions (L X W X H): 11.9 X 9.2 X 15
- Weight: 9.81 lbs.
- Color: black with stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Serving size options: cup, XL cup, travel mug, XL multi-serve, half carafe and full carafe
- 10-cup (50 oz.) glass carafe
The Ninja Coffee Bar System comes with the 10-cup glass carafe and a removable water reservoir. As we’ve already mentioned it, all the parts of the Ninja System are dishwasher safe, which makes the machine easy to clean.
The Ninja Coffee Bar System lets you brew up to 8 cups of coffee in a single cycle. The coffee maker is endorsed by the famous Sofia Vergara, which shares her favorite drink recipe, made with the Ninja Bar System.
Features and how it works
Although it looks a bit retro, the Coffee Bar System is a very complex and a multi-functional coffee maker.
Before the cycle starts, you can set the amount of coffee you are about to prepare. The coffee maker lets you brew up to 8 cups at once and you can choose between four options; cup, travel, half and full. The cup option lets you take out the glass carafe, and by lowering a cup holder, you place your cup to be filled exactly how much you want it to. Same goes for the Travel mode, in which you adjust the brew to the size of your travel mug.
The Coffee Bar System uses the Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence feature so that you don’t have to measure the amount of water each time you want to make coffee. This technology drains the exact amount of water needed for each individual brew.
The Coffee Bar System has 5 types of brew you can choose from: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Specialty and their exclusive Café Forte brew.
If you want more special drinks, such as cappuccino and so on, there’s a very cool looking hand-pumped frother you can use to obtain the exact drink you want.
How to use the Coffee Bar System
The first thing you have to do is fill the water reservoir and fill the brew basket with coffee. The Ninja scoop included with the coffee maker lets you choose the exact amount of coffee you want to add.
The filter is permanent, which will save you some bucks in the long run.
Once the basic steps are done, you have to choose the type of brew you want and the amount of coffee you want to make. That’s all there is to it.
When it’s time to clean the Coffee Bar System, you will be alerted by a light indicator. You can prepare a solution of water and white vinegar to clean the machine and do another cycle just with fresh water afterwards, so there won’t be any smell left from the vinegar.
In conclusion, the Coffee Bar System from Ninja is a really advanced coffee maker with plenty of features and options. It is versatile and allows you to prepare a larger quantity of coffee in a single cycle.