Massages are a great way to relax, relieve tension and get rid of sore muscles and pain of all sorts. And because not everyone wants to leave their body in the hands of a stranger, or make regular trips to professional salons, massage chairs are the next best solution.
Why spend money on a massage chair?
Good massage chairs are not cheap. That is why it is only natural to ask yourself why invest in one? Here are some of the benefits of massage chairs:
- A massage chair is a good investment in the long run, because even though you pay a relatively large amount on one (depending on the chair you purchase), you will no longer have to pay for massage sessions from a therapist
- A massage chair allows you to benefit from refreshing massages in the comfort of your own home, without exposing your body to strangers
- A good massage chair is more than just a way to relax after a hard day’s work. It can also have a therapeutic value and help you reduce neck, back, shoulder pain and so on. Massages can help you recover after an injury, they improve blood circulation and reduce your blood pressure. Not to mention the benefits they have on your mental health. Massages help release endorphins in your body which make you feel good.
There are several types of massage chairs you can opt for. Full body massage chairs are the most expensive and complex ones, because, as their name suggests it, they can deliver a massage to your entire body. But you can also buy Shiatsu massage chairs, upper body massage chairs and others.
Learn what to look for when shopping for a massage chair.
Human Touch iJoy 2.0 – is it a good massage chair?
The iJoy 2.0 is an older model launched by Human Touch. Human Touch is one of the biggest suppliers of massage chairs in the United States and has been around for more than 35 years. Since the 2.0, Human Touch also released the iJoy 2.1 and the 4.0.
The iJoy 2.0, also called the Perfect Fit, is an entry level massage chair with a really attractive price. You can currently get it from approximately $600, which is a real bargain on the massage chair market.
The chair comes fully assembled, is quite compact and won’t take up too much space in your home. In fact, it is designed for smaller spaces, apartments and so on. The iJoy 2.0 looks simple but elegant.
Here are the main specifications of the iJoy 2.0:
- Size: (H x W x D): 32 x 27 x 30 inches
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Recommended height range: 5’0” – 6’0”
- Weight: 200 lbs.
- Power consumption: 125 W
- Recline angle: 100 to 125 degrees
- Available upholstery colors: ‘Bone’, ‘Espresso’
- Tethered remote control included
- Adjustable head pillow
- Reclining strap
Human Touch ranks the intensity of its massage chairs from Gentle to Intense (Gentle, Relaxing, Moderate, Vigorous, Intense). The iJoy 2.0 is included in the ‘Vigorous’ category, meaning it is capable of delivering a pretty intense and powerful massage.
The chair uses the FlexGlide massage technology that offers seamless glide instead of the uncomfortable and painful pinching and friction delivered by low-quality massage chairs. This chair includes Orbital, Stretch and Glide motions and knows how to apply the optimal amount of pressure to offer a deep, reinvigorating and effective massage, without hurting you.
One thing you should know about the iJoy 2.0 is that it is not exactly suited for taller people, so you’ll only feel comfortable in it if you are 6 inches tall or less.
At this price, you shouldn’t expect too many from the iJoy 2.0. There are no foot rest, smart body scan, built-in speakers, mobile app and other smart features.
The iJoy 2.0 uses a combination of roller and vibration massage and has 3 massage programs to choose from: Think, Perform and Recharge. These programs are meant to relieve neck, shoulder and lower back pain, improve your blood flow and relax your muscles.
The iJoy 2.0 comes with a small remote control you can keep in the left pocket of the chair. The remote lets you start, stop and park (park the rollers), choose the target (what area of the body you want massaged), choose between the 3 programs and more.
Overall, the iJoy 2.0 is a cute and affordable massage chair, small, easy to store and use. It doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles found in more premium models, but it doesn’t cost thousands of bucks either.
PROS of the iJoy 2.0
- Compact, perfect for smaller spaces
- Comes with a remote control
- Has 3 auto-massage programs
- Massages your neck, shoulders and lower back
- It doesn’t require assembly, comes fully assembled
CONS of the iJoy 2.0
- Not the most comfortable option for taller people
- It is an entry-level massage chair and lacks a lot of complex, smart features, found in high-end massage chairs