VPNs have become very popular instruments for internet users all over the world. They are an effective way to protect yourself and your data when you are online and they also come with other benefits. A virtual private network allows you to stream geo-restricted content (such as Netflix and other streaming websites), to download torrents while maintaining your anonymity, get access to games that are not yet released in your region and more. In this article we will break down whethere a free or paid VPN is best for you as well as give you as much info on SurfShark pricing as we can.
Free or paid VPNs?
If VPNs are new to you and you are not sure whether they are useful to you or not, you might be skeptical about paying for such a service, when there are also free options out there. However, here are some problems that you can confront with if you opt for a free VPN instead of a paid one:
- You will be limited in several aspects, such as bandwidth and servers you can use, because even if the VPN has thousands of servers worldwide, free plans usually offer access to only a few of them
- Your connection will be significantly slower, because all the free plan users will overcrowd those available servers
- You might not benefit from a no-log policy with a free VPN, which means your activity logs might be kept and/or your data might be sold to third-parties for advertising purposes
- Free VPNs use weaker security tools and encryption protocols than paid VPNs, which means you won’t be as protected as with a paid VPN
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs on the market today and a great value for money.
This VPN has 3 available plans:
- 1-month subscription which is priced at $11.95/month
- 24-months subscription which is priced at $3.49/month
- 36-months subscription which is priced at $1.94/month
All 3 subscription plans come with Surfshark’s 30-day money back guarantee.
There is also a free trial available, for iOS, macOS and Android devices, in case you are not sure you want to sign up for Surfshark.
If you sign up for one of the paid plans, you get access to all Surfshark’s apps, for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, FireTV.
Surfshark has over 800 servers worldwide and their number continues to grow. They have servers in over 50 countries, in Europe, US, Canada, Chile, Argentina, India, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia and other places.
Surfshark is a very secure VPN, which uses strong encryption and security features. It uses 256-AES encryption, it has a kill-switch feature, private DNS & leak protection, a camouflage mode to hide your activity even from your internet provider, a MultiHop feature that allows you to connect via multiple countries at once, for a better identity protection.
There is also a ‘NoBorders’ mode that lets you use Surfshark in restrictive regions.
Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous devices and has a no-log policy, meaning it won’t keep activity logs.
Overall, we consider Surfshark a very competitive VPN service, affordable, fast and very secure.