The working day is over, you quickly throw something tasty on a plate, you get comfy on the couch, open your laptop and let the binge-watching begin. Does it sound familiar? Of course it does! And while it may not be the healthiest and most productive thing you can do, let’s face it: it is fun! And as long as you do it in moderation, there’s nothing wrong with a little self-pampering in front of your favorite TV show.
But maybe you are outside of US, or maybe the site you want to access the movies from is blocked for you. That is where VPNs comes in, helping you overcome geo-restrictions, offering you protection and allowing you to watch your favorite episodes/movies in peace.
Things to have in mind when choosing a VPN for streaming purposes
- unlimited bandwidth and a fast, reliable connection, because the last thing you want when trying to watch something is that annoying buffer…
- choose a VPN that has a large number of servers spread all over the world
- make sure the VPN you want to choose can unblock geo-blocked content
- go for a VPN service that offers dedicated IP addresses, so that streaming services won’t suspect you are using a VPN
- don’t underestimate security and choose a VPN that offers 256-bit encryption; it is also advisable to go with a provider that respects your privacy and has a ‘no logs’ policy
- if you know you are using your mobile devices (smartphone, tablet, iPad) to stream movies, choose a VPN that also has available apps that are compatible with your devices; also, the more simultaneous device connections supported, the better
Best VPNs for streaming in 2018
Without further ado, here are some of the best VPNs for streaming movies:
NordVPN (read our review). It is a great VPN for streaming, because it has more than 5,000 servers to choose from, in almost 100 countries worldwide. It is a secure option that uses double encryption, it offers dedicated IP addresses, it is also mobile friendly and allows up to 6 devices simultaneously.
ExpressVPN (read our review). One of its biggest strengths is the fact that it’s very mobile-friendly. It has apps that are compatible with iOS, Android and even Blackberry. It has more than 2,000 servers in over 90 countries across the Globe, it uses 256-bit encryption, it doesn’t keep any logs on its users and has impressive speeds. If you don’t mind the fact that it is a bit pricey, you should definitely consider ExpressVPN
VyprVPN. (read our review). VyprVPN is one of the best VPNs out there when it comes to unblocking geo-locked content. It works with all major streaming services, such as Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Prime and more. It also has available mobile apps and you can test it for free with their 3-day trial. Encryption is good (256-bit) but they don’t have such a large number of servers as major competitors. There are around 700 servers you can choose from
IPVanish. (read our review). It has more than 1,000 servers in more than 60 countries, it is great in terms of privacy and security (uses 256-bit encryption), it is fast and offers unlimited bandwidth
CyberGhost (read our review) really shines when it comes to unblocking geo-locked content. It even has a dedicated section for that (‘unblock streaming’). It works with all major streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Prime, HBO Now, Sling TV and more. It has apps for iOS and Android devices, over 2,700 servers and a free trial.