The internet is full of repair and optimizing apps that compete with one another to take the lead on the market. Unfortunately, not every software you can download online is effective or even trust-worthy in some cases. There are a lot of malicious apps out there that hide malware in the installer file and when you download the app, you also download the malware and risk infecting your device.
That is why we advise you to always research the software before you purchase or install anything on your computer or smartphone. Make sure it has good customer ratings and that it comes from a reputable provider. And even if it does, make sure you download the app from the official website or a safe source.
Advanced System Repair and Reimage are both top-notch system repair apps, developed by trust-worthy companies that specialize in creating utility software. They both come with pros and cons and we are going to compare them for you below, to help you make a better and more informed decision.
Advanced System Repair
Advanced System Repair is a complex optimizing software that comes with several useful tools designed to clean, fix and boosts the performance of your device. Advanced System Repair was developed exclusively for the Windows operating system.
Compatibility of Advanced System Repair
Advanced System Repair works on every Windows version from XP and above, including Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit).
What is the price of Advanced System Repair?
Advanced System Repair offers licenses that are available for 3 months. There are three types of subscriptions to choose from: 1 PC license for $29.95; 3 PC license for $39.95 and unlimited PCs license for $49.95.
You can pay for your license with PayPal or your credit card (all the major credit cards are accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
Does Advanced System Repair have a free version?
Advanced System Repair lets you download the software for free, to test its interface and run free scans of your computer. This is useful because you get to find out from the scan what kind of issues your PC has and you can also see how the app works and how user-friendly the interface is. The free version is limited to free scans only though, so if you want to repair and optimize your PC, you have to upgrade to the Pro version, by purchasing a license.
What are the features of Advanced System Repair?
Advanced System Repair is a complex optimizing kit that includes several useful tools. All of them help you restore your PC to its peak performance.
Here are the main features offered by Advanced System Repair:
- Junk cleaner: you can free up space on your drive by decluttering your PC and delete all the junk files in your computer and everything you no longer use
- Privacy cleaner: with this feature you can clean all your browsing traces such as browsing history, cache, cookies, etc.; this way, your computer becomes more secure and private and your online activities harder to track
- Disk defrag: this feature analyzes your hard drive and defragments it if necessary, assembling and organizing the fragmented files on your PC; the result will be a faster computer
- Registry cleaner: the Windows registry in your PC is the most vital part of your system, because it keeps tabs on all the installed programs and system configurations in your PC; with this feature, Advanced System Repair fixes all the broken, corrupt entries, deletes the old ones and etc., fixing annoying problems such as computer crashes, freezes and other messages and errors
- Malware removal: malware can often be the cause of a slow and unstable computer and Advanced System Repair scans your PC for any signs of malware, such as viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, etc. and removes them
- Startup optimizer: tests have shown that Advanced System Repair can improve with up to 70% the startup time of your computer; the software limits the number of programs that are allowed to start with Windows, draining resources and slowing down the startup of your PC; only those that are useful to you and need to run with Windows will be allowed to start with your computer
Advanced System Repair customer support
Advanced System Repair offers 24/7 customer support by live chat and through their ticketing system. You can also browse through their FAQ section on their website for answers to topics such as: billing, how to activate the software.
Reimage Repair (also known as just Reimage) is a complex repair software developed by Reimage Limited, a company based in Tel Aviv.
Compatibility of Reimage
Unlike Advanced System Repair, which is only compatible with Windows devices, Reimage also has apps for Mac and for mobile devices that run on Android. The only one missing is an iOS app.
Reimage for Windows is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, and 8 Pro, but it is not compatible with Windows 10.
Reimage for Mac works on devices running OS X Maverick and above.
Reimage for Android works on Android 2.3 and above.
Reimage started as a repair software for Windows PCs in 2007. Later on, it also developed a Mac version of the product and then the Android app. The most comprehensive one of the 3 remains the Windows version though, while the other two are more focused on cleaning the junk on your device.
What is the price of Reimage?
Reimage caters to both home users and businesses alike. If you are a business owner who wants to purchase Reimage, you have to contact them for a quote, based on your specific company needs.
Here are the prices for home use:
Reimage for Windows
Licenses are available for 1 year and you can choose between 1 license and 3 licenses.
1 license is priced at $41.95 and 3 licenses are priced at $58.95.
Reimage for Mac
There are 3 options to choose from: 1 license for a one-time repair, 1 license for unlimited use for a year or 3 licenses with unlimited use for a year.
1 license for a one-time repair will cost you $19.95.
For an extra $10, you get unlimited use and technical support for an entire year.
If you opt for 3 licenses with unlimited use for a year, the price is $39.95.
Reimage for Android
The Android app from Reimage is free for download. You can download it from the Play Store.
Does Reimage have a free version?
Reimage has a free version you can download from their website. Just like the Advanced System Repair, the Reimage free version will only let you run system scans at no charge. In order to repair any issues, you have to purchase a license.
The free scan identifies all the hardware, stability and security issues in your system. Some examples of hardware issues are a low memory, low speed of the hard disk, CPU power, temperature problems and other. Some examples of stability issues are: identifying programs that cause regular system crashes and freezes, reboots and so on. Some examples of security issues are malware of all types, such as spyware, adware, viruses, trojans, worms and so on.
What are the features of Reimage?
Since the most popular and complex version of Reimage is the Windows app, we are going to focus on its features first.
Reimage for Windows works by identifying and removing all the corrupt and infected files in your system. All these unhealthy and broken files are then replaced with fresh, clean and authentic ones from its huge online database. The Reimage database contains more than 25 million genuine, up to date and healthy Microsoft files.
Here are some of the most important PC issues you can fix with Reimage for Windows:
- Blue screens of death (BSODs): are those stop error screens that crash your system and Reimage can get rid of such issues for you
- Damaged DLLs (dynamic link libraries), which get damaged from all the programs we constantly install and uninstall on our computers;
- Computer freezes, which occur when certain programs (or sometimes your entire system) stop responding and the only solution to this problem is usually to reboot the PC
- Virus damage: Reimage can fix the damage left by viruses and other types of malware, by replacing all the infected files with fresh, healthy ones from its Microsoft files database; however, don’t rely on Reimage to protect you from malware, you should also use an Antivirus for that; Reimage doesn’t remove the malware in your computer, only the damage left by the malware infection
Another notable quality of Reimage is that of recovering your operating system without affecting your user data in any way. Reimage fixes and replaces the corrupt Windows files and restores the compromised system settings without you losing any important data, as it might happen when you reinstall Windows.
Highlights of the Mac version
The Mac version of Reimage is great if you want to remove the junk data in your Mac, freeing up space on your drive. Reimage deletes your browsing history, cached space and junk files of all types. It also analyzes the storage space on your Mac and helps you organize it in the best way.
Reimage for Mac also monitors your hardware and apps and notifies you if anything takes up too much space or resources and slows down your Mac.
Highlights of the Android app
The Android version of Reimage can be downloaded for free, although there is a paid Pro version of the app as well, if you are willing to pay for it. The Pro version has more features to offer.
The free app is also an effective cleaning app that removes your text history, browsing history, unwanted cached memory and more. In the app, you can schedule weekly cache cleanups and see the apps that use resources the most, so you can close the ones you don’t need.
Reimage customer support
Reimage offers support through their ticketing system. It also has a Support section on its website, where you can find tips and answers to frequently asked questions.
Conclusion - Which one is better: Advanced System Repair or Reimage?
Both Advanced System Repair and Reimage are trust-worthy and reliable and they both help you improve your system.
Reimage is more versatile than Advanced System Repair, because it also has apps for Android and Macs. On the other hand, its Windows app is not compatible with Windows 10, which is a bummer, because it is the newest and most popular Microsoft OS right now. Advanced System Repair is compatible with Windows 10, but it doesn’t have apps for Macs and mobile devices.
Both have a free version, which does pretty much the same things, so that’s a tie.
Advanced System Repair offers live chat support, while Reimage doesn’t.
Price-wise, you might end up spending less money with Reimage, because it is more affordable and its licenses are offered for an entire year, while the Advanced System Repair licenses are for only 3 months.
In terms of features, both apps are equally good and offer similar repair and optimizing tools.