The success of any business lies in the way it is being managed and this applies to everything in life, whether we’re talking about a school project, a start-up, a career in sports, arts and so on. Competition is brutal in every field nowadays and it takes a lot of skills and strong-will to achieve your goal and defeat your competition, regardless of the domain.
Project management software are must-have tools for any type of business. Regardless if you’re running a startup, a small business or a multinational company, you’ll reap nothing but benefits from using a project management app. PM software can help you with everything from organizing, planning, time management, allocating your resources, team communication, budgets and so much more. Moreover, using a PM software conveys more professionalism in a company.
And in case you’re not sure you want to invest in such a tool just yet, here are some of the best free PM software solutions you can find and test right now:
- Asana is suited for small, medium businesses and those who work with remote teams. It is cloud-based and while it has two more paid versions, Premium and Enterprise, it also has a Free, basic one. The free plan allows up to 15 team members to perform an unlimited number of tasks, create unlimited projects and conversations. It places a lot of importance on collaboration and offers basic search and dashboards, customer support and integrations (API)
- The system used by Trello was developed by a former vice president of Toyota. It is best suited for startups and small businesses. Trello includes an unlimited number of team members, you can access unlimited cards, checklists and boards, all the basic integrations such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc., file attachments (up to 10MB), customer support and more
- Wrike also comes with a free version and it is among the most complex ones you’ll find. It is cloud-based and it allows up to 5 team members and includes advanced email integration, basic integrations (Box, Dropbox, etc.), file sharing, discussions in tasks, apps for both Android devices and iPhones, real-time activity stream, a private messaging service and more
- Self-entitled a ‘productivity platform’, ClickUp is a highly customizable PM software solution. Among others, the free version includes up to 100MB storage, unlimited projects and spaces, automated templates, task checklists, integration with Google calendar, customized views, comments, priorities
- Best but not exclusively suited for businesses and freelancers from creative fields, such as design, Freedcamp is also highly customizable. The free plan includes lots of useful features: unlimited users and projects, tasks, milestones, discussion boards, up to 10MB file upload, password manager, time tracking, personal task manager and more
- It is best suited for larger teams and it places a lot of importance on analyzing progress and measuring the performance. The free plan includes unlimited users, unlimited tasks and boards, subtasks and recurring tasks, time tracking, real-time collaboration, file attachment and file sharing, customer support, automated email tasks and more.
Other good, free PM solutions you can try are TimeLive, Airtable, Bitrix24, GanttProject, Orchard Collaboration, MeisterTask.