In today’s world, choosing the best VPN that works well with you is relatively easy. Most current VPNs, after all, come with outstanding features and practically cost next to nothing. In fact, you will never know your VPN is running in the background. While it remains unnoticed, VPNs use the most advanced encryption protocols to further secure your already impenetrable layer of security.
PureVPN is a relatively older VPN in the industry. Founded in 2006, this Hong Kong-based VPN provider is not subjected to any international surveillance alliances like Fourteen Eyes, Nine Eyes, or Five Eyes. Because of its location, this makes PureVPN more difficult to compel them into handing over data of users, something that is of great advantage for VPN companies. Although the location of a VPN provider will not guarantee its trustworthiness, it still gives you that feeling of security knowing you are not going against a government’s anti-piracy laws.
After more than a decade since its founding, PureVPN has significantly grown. Today, they have more than 2,000 servers scattered in more than 140 countries all around the world. This worldwide presence is very critical for VPNs since your INternet’s speed will depend on your distance to the server. Since PureVPN has so many servers around the globe, you are guaranteed that you will have one close to your location.
PureVPN works by making a virtual private network every time you are connected to the Internet; either through a cellular network, your home connection, or even on a public WiFi hotspot. PureVPN serves as the middle man between your Internet Service Protocol (ISP) and you. That way, only your ISP can see that you are trying to access the VPN server. Meaning, your ISP doesn’t have any idea what you are doing on the web. With PureVPN, your real IP address is also hidden from the websites you’re visiting.
PureVPN can be used with torrenting. PureVPN has its dedicated server set up for peer-to-peer (P2P) file transfers, so you need to make sure you are connected to these servers before torrenting files. However, P2P servers of PureVPN are not available in Australia, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Thus if you are situated in any of these countries, expect to experience slow torrenting.
This feature allows you to choose which Internet traffic you’re using gets encrypted by PureVPN, and which ones go straight to your ISP. Without split tunneling, either your VPN is on or off. What makes this feature an advantage? Say for instance you are based in Los Angeles. Suddenly you felt the urge to rewatch FRIENDS on Netflix in high-definition, sans the buffering, and you are simultaneously browsing your web. Split tunneling is the answer to make your web browsing secure. And yes, PureVPN has this feature, on Windows and Android at least.
When you are on a trip, connecting to another country’s Netflix, or even to your home country is not as easy as it used to be. Today, most VPNs no longer work with Netflix since this video streaming site already has a VPN detection system. But PureVPN has found a way to seamlessly bypass these filters. Meaning, you can still watch Netflix using PureVPN. It’s nice to know that you still have options, even if you are not streaming your favorite shows all the time.
The efficiency of a security lock largely depends on how it can stand up to various types of abuse. Encryption is just the same. If you wish to have your web privacy protected, it’s ideal to choose a VPN that has strong encryption. For data encryption, PureVPN utilizes AES-256. This is a very secure encryption-- so secure that it will take years for the present computers to break even when using brute force.
VPN technology comes with a handful of advantages. Here are some of them:
- Remote Control. VPN services are perfect for companies since these will authorize them to access their information remotely. These also help boost the productivity of one’s company.
- Enhanced Security. One of the biggest concerns among internet users is security. Today, hacking vital information of a user through the internet is relatively easy. Thus, completely trusting websites is not a good idea at all. You will have to be keen when browsing, to the point where you restrict yourself from visiting some other sites. But with a VPN, you get to access any website without having to worry about the security of your data and personal information. Simply put, VPN helps you stay away from the prying eyes of those Internet hackers.
- Unblocks websites and bypass filters. In some places, they set filters and even block some websites from unauthorized access. Users are basically restricted from visiting these sites. But with VPN, these internet filters may be bypassed, thus allowing users to gain access to these blocked websites.
- Better Performance, Cost Reduction. A network’s bandwidth and performance are increased when you use a VPN solution. And since VPN networks are not high maintenance and network setup doesn’t cost that much, you get to save more while making sure that you are safe with your internet browsing.
To sum it all up, PureVPN is a good VPN choice. They come with the most important features, and speed tests have proven them to be efficient. Therefore, choose PureVPN for torrenting if you appreciate:
- No Data Logging Policy. This has been independently checked by a third party.
- Perfect Location. Because PureVPN is based in Hong Kong, this VPN does belong to an international surveillance alliance.
- Netflix. You can binge-watch Netflix no matter where you are since PureVPN bypasses this video streaming’s filter.
- Split Tunneling Feature. You can route internet traffic via PureVPN, although this is only available on Android and Windows.
- Speed. PureVPN is fast both on Mac and Windows computers.