Car maintenance is a complex issue and a money guzzler. Our cars are not meant to last forever and sooner or later, problems occur. As long as your car is relatively new and still under the bumper to bumper warranty, you don’t tend to worry that much. But that warranty usually expires after the first 3 years (5 or 6, depending on the auto maker) and you most likely plan to keep your vehicle longer than that.
The older the car gets and the more miles appear on that meter, the more likely it is for it to breakdown one way or another. And repairs can get quite costly, even up to thousands of dollars. That is why a Vehicle Service Contract, in short VSC, can be a good investment. Depending on the coverage you opt for, a VSC commits to pay the bill for repairs, for those parts/systems that are covered in your contract.
Toco Warranty Corp - What are its benefits?
The benefits of vehicle service contracts are clear. They save your wallet from sudden ‘shocks’, so you won’t have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars at once, if your car fails unexpectedly. Toco is a vehicle service contract provider from California, US. The company has only been founded in 2013, but it’s managed to gain a good reputation thanks to its affordable services and reliability.
Toco doesn’t charge customers down payments, its monthly rates are affordable for most people and the company has plans for everyone. There are 4 major plans you can sign up for: Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue.
What plans does Toco offer?
The Orange one is the most comprehensive one and covers pretty much everything in your car (engine, transmission, drive axle, transfer case, turbo/supercharger, air conditioning, cooling system, electrical, fuel system, brakes, steering, suspension, electronic high tech). The Blue plan is the most basic one and only covers the major systems of your car (engine, transmission, drive axle, transfer case, turbo/supercharger, electrical, cooling system, air conditioning, fuel system).
The Orange plan works for cars from the year 2015 or newer and a mileage of up to 60,000.
The Blue plan works for cars that are from 1999 and up. The mileage restriction is 175,000 miles.
Here are the main benefits of Toco Warranty Corp:
- Regardless of the plan you opt for, you get 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car benefits and trip interruption coverage
- Toco is affordable when it comes to its monthly rates
- There’s no down payment you have to pay if you sign up for a Toco plan
- Toco offers top-notch customer support and you can reach them via phone, live chat and email
- Toco allows you to take your car to any repair shop you want
- If you choose one of Toco’s recommended repair shops (you don’t have to, but you can), you get a $50 discount on the deductible charged by Toco (the deductible is $100 per visit)