Assurant is an insurance provider from the United States, based in New York. The company is in ‘Fortune 500 list of the largest publicly traded companies in the US’, according to Wikipedia.
Assurant offers a wide range of products and services, catering to different industries: lender-placed insurance, flood protection, vehicle protection services, financial services and more.
What are the coverages offered by Assurant?
When it comes to vehicle service contracts, the Mechanic Service Contract is the most popular one offered by Assurant. This contract is suitable for both new and pre-owned cars and offers several types of coverages/plans:
- Engine coverage: it is available for vehicles that have 150,000 miles or fewer on them
- Powertrain coverage: this one is also available for cars with a mileage of 150,000 miles or fewer
- Silver coverage: this is a plan that covers several components and it is suited for cars that have up to 200,000 miles or fewer on the meter
- Gold coverage: this plan is available for vehicles that have up to 180,000 miles or fewer
- Platinum coverage: this is the most comprehensive type of coverage you can get from Assurant and it covers cars that have up to 150,000 miles or fewer
In addition to the engine, you also get coverage for other systems/parts of your vehicle, depending on the level of coverage you choose: transmission, air conditioning, ABS brakes and more. The price of the contract depends on the car make, car model and year of the vehicle. In order to get an exact quote, you have to contact Assurant and provide them all your details.
What are the benefits of Assurant?
Just like any vehicle service contract provider, Assurant also strives to stay competitive on the market. This company offers all the standard benefits you get with vehicle service contracts and more. Here is what you get with Assurant:
- Nationwide protection; you can opt to take your car to any repair facility in the country as long as it is licensed;
- Affordable, flexible plans and convenient payment terms
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance
- Toll-free assistance
- Rental car reimbursement, in case you need to rent a vehicle to get around, while your own car is in the repair shop
- Travel expense reimbursement; there is a limitation though with this benefit, in the sense that it is only available for customers who live outside the New York state
Assurant allows you to transfer your vehicle service contract. That can be useful in case you decide to sell your vehicle while your vehicle service contract with Assurant is still in effect. In this case, you can transfer the contract to the new car owner.
You can also choose to cancel your policy with Assurant any time you want.
Vehicle service contracts (VSC) are a useful protection solution for any car owner. Car repairs get costly and inevitable, especially as your car ages and it becomes more prone to mechanical breakdowns. Once your factory warranty expires, you are left vulnerable to any car problems and you have to pay for the repairs out of your own pocket, unless you have another form of protection at hand. That is why VSCs are so useful, as they pay for all the car components/systems included in your policy.