Just like everything else in the world, faxing services also underwent a lot of changes throughout the years. The internet boom has made traditional faxing become a thing of the past, while electronic faxing (also known as e-faxing, online, or Internet faxing) has flourished into a productive business.
Why should you use online faxing services instead of traditional ones, you ask? Well there are several reasons why, regardless if you are business owner or not. Here are some of them:
- Online faxing doesn’t require you to buy a fax machine, especially if you own a business and you know you’ll need to fax a lot of stuff. Buying a fax machine is a costly thing; it can get to hundreds of bucks, without taking in consideration the ink, paper, toner and other components and needed accessories. However, if you opt for an online faxing service, basic packages go as low as $5/month, which is way more convenient, considering that only the monthly toner and paper stock will cost you double than that
- No space required. Fax machines aren’t the smallest devices and they do take up space. Online faxing fixes that problem for you and you won’t have to fill up your desks with paper and the fax itself. All you need in order to send a fax over the Internet is a valid email address
- It is easier to use an online service, because you won’t have to do the job yourself and keep track of every sent page, etc. You can also find specific documents easier with Internet faxing, because everything will be neatly organized and your faxes saved
- They are secure and private. Everything goes straight to your inbox, so there won’t be any paper trail. Online faxing services are also highly encrypted so you don’t have to worry about anyone nosing in
- Internet faxing it is eco-friendly. With our planet being in the state it’s in, environmental responsibility is a must. By using online faxing and getting rid of all the paper, you are also helping the environment
- You can recall any documents and it is harder to lose or destroy documents, because you won’t have piles of papers to misplace, damage or worry about. As we’ve already mentioned, any fax you send can be saved by date, sender, etc., in case you need that document later
- You can send faxes anytime and from anywhere, as long as you have an Internet connection. Some providers have mobile apps too, so you can send and receive faxes directly from your smartphone. This is one of the biggest advantages of using internet faxing, because you won’t be tied up to a specific location that has a fax machine or specific working hours, if it’s not your fax
- You can easily send larger documents with online faxing and you can do it way faster, even from your mobile phone
- You can add a digital signature with online faxing. Signatures are very important when sending a fax and they are considered more important and valid legally speaking, than signatures sent through other methods. You can still add signatures with online faxing and they can be customized and added to each document you send.