Faxing is still in high demand nowadays; the only difference is that now it uses the internet instead of the PSTN to send the faxes. There are various benefits to using internet faxing instead of the regular one. Here are the most significant ones:
- It cuts down your costs associated with faxing; you no longer have to use a fax machine (although you still have the option of using your old fax machine with digital faxing as well), you don’t have to invest in hardware, all you need is a reliable internet connection, a subscription to an online faxing service and an e-mail address; you no longer have to invest in paper, ink and so on
- Online faxing is more environmentally responsible, and that’s a serious aspect to consider in this day and age; a lot of trees are saved from turning into paper, because online faxing is a paperless technology
- Internet faxing is versatile and doesn’t take up space in your office, because you don’t have to store bulky fax machines; you can send and receive faxes from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a solid internet connection
- It is a fast technology and very user-friendly; fax machines are old and glitchy, most of them have a lot of errors and you have to know how to work with them; with online faxing, the whole process is as easy as knowing how to send an e-mail
eFax online faxing - How good is it?
eFax boasts on being used by more than 11 million users worldwide and it is indeed a popular online faxing service. However, it is not the most affordable one and does come with its limitations, so it is best to know its pros and cons before deciding if this is the service for you.
eFax comes with a new and improved eFax Messenger desktop app and also has mobile apps compatible with both iOS and Android devices. The mobile app works impressively well and has an even more attractive and clean interface than the other platforms.
How much does eFax cost?
eFax has 3 plans to choose from and you can opt for monthly or annual billing with each of them.
The eFax Plus plan is priced at $16.95/month or $169.50/year. This plan includes 150 sent fax pages per month and 150 received.
The eFax Pro plan is priced at $19.95/month or $199.50/year. You can send 200 pages per month and receive 200 pages per month.
If you opt for the annual billing, you get the first 2 months free with both plans. Also, you should know that there’s a $10 setup fee with both plans.
There is a third option available with eFax, which is eFax Corporate. This plan doesn’t have a fixed quote, you have to contact their sales team and get a customized offer.
The most important features included with eFax
Regardless of the plan you choose, you benefit from eFax’s features such as:
- free local, international or toll free number
- unlimited and secure storage
- Digital signature
- Email to fax
- The mobile apps
- 24/7 live customer support
- Fax to multiple recipients and more
- Large files sharing and more
Overall, eFax is a reliable faxing service, with a great mobile app, unlimited storage. Helpful customer support and useful features. However, it is a bit pricey and doesn’t offer as many pages as competitors do for this price. It also leaves room for improvement in terms of security, where it should add some additional measures such as two-factor authentication for instance.