Faxing is still widely used everywhere in the world, even though it went through major transformations over time. Conventional, landline-based faxing has been replaced by online faxing, also called virtual, digital, internet faxing, e-faxing and so on.
The benefits of online faxing are indisputable: it is more affordable, more versatile, and more environmentally- responsible. Online faxing lets you send and receive faxes without using a fax machine, but you can also use these online services with your old fax machine. All you need is a special adapter offered in most cases by your provider.
Here are the top 5 online fax services to consider in 2019:
- RingCentral. The company that offers this service also offers VoIP services. RingCentral has 4 plans to choose from when it comes to online faxing. The most affordable one costs $12.99/month and includes 750 fax pages per month. The priciest plan starts at $39.99/month and includes unlimited fax pages per month. RingCentral offers toll free, local numbers or vanity numbers, a mobile app and integrations with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.
- HelloFax. This is another great online fax service to consider and it has even more available plans. The cheapest plan starts at only $9.99/month, but includes fewer pages than with RingCentral. You only get 300 pages per month. Their most expensive plan doesn’t come with a fixed quote. It is customizable, so you have to contact them to get a price suited to your specific needs. Some of the most notable features of HelloFax are: international covers in more than 70 countries, integrations, secure cloud storage, electronic signatures, multiple fax recipients.
- TrustFax. This service offers plans that start at $12.99 per month and for this price you get 300 pages per month. You get international faxing, digitized signatures, secure online fax storage, toll-free and local numbers. The service includes a 30-day free trial.
- Nextiva vFax. Nextiva is a leading communication solutions provider. It is renowned for both its VoIP and online fax services. Its online fax service is provided through their vFax brand. Nextiva has 3 plans to choose from, with the most affordable one being billed at $4.95 (with annual billing) and $4.95 (monthly billing). Their priciest plan costs $29.95/month (annual billing) and $34.95/month (monthly billing). The most basic plan includes 500 pages and the most expensive one, 3,000 pages per month. Nextiva vFax offers toll-free and local numbers, fax storage for up to 6 months, number porting, notifications and SMS alerts and more.
- MyFax is not the most affordable online fax service out there, but it includes an attractive, rich set of features. Its most affordable plan is $10/month and includes 200 received pages and 100 sent pages. The most expensive plan is $40/month and lets you send 400 pages and receive 400 pages. MyFax offers local, toll free and international numbers, has a mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, fax by email. It has a feature called ‘Share with 5’ that lets you send faxes from up to 5 e-mail addresses. The service also includes a multiple-send feature.