Identity theft is a very common crime nowadays as more information is stored on the internet. As social media sites and online shopping become common, more of our personal information are shared. If these websites are not protected properly, your identity may be used by others for their financial gain. Some information that is usually stolen include Social Security numbers, names, addresses, and credit card information.
Some ways you can have your information stolen include:
- Data Breaches– Whenever the website you store your information on becomes hacked because of lack of protection and encryption, the data you store may be in risk of being stolen.
- Visiting unsafe websites– Visiting websites that are not secure may cause your connection to be compromised by hackers who may look for sensitive information from your computer.
- Dark Web Black Markets – The dark web is a place on the internet that cannot be accessed without special protocols and protection. There, anonymous users have a marketplace where identities can be sold for thieves to choose from.
- Malwares – Visiting unsafe websites and downloading from these can result to malware in your computer. These are software designed for slowing your computer’s performance and even stealing your information.
- Physical Credit Card Theft– If thieves get hold of your credit card, they may use your information to buy online. Inform your credit provider to void your card in this case to avoid purchases made through your account.
IG Guard or Identity Guard is a service dedicated for identity-theft protection. It integrates its own artificial intelligence called Watson (made by IBM) to track your information better. In case suspicious activities are traced with your information, you will instantly be notified.
- Constant Scanning– The personal information that you will supply to Identity Guard will be constantly scanned across the internet and in credit bureaus. Using powerful and reliable technology, they can send notifications to the user instantly.
- Mobile application– A good feature of Identity Guard is its mobile application available for both iOS and Android. Made for maximum convenience, the application is polished and easy to use.
- Good user interface– Identity Guard has one of the most comprehensive user designs compared to other identity theft protection services. Their web application has a dashboard which displays all important information such as phishing protection, ad blocker, HTTPS protection, privacy check, and social privacy at first glance. The mobile application also has a meter which displays your credit scores along with the level of risk.
- Instant notifications– Any updates regarding your banking and credit information are updated through the web or mobile application. If these activities are not done by you, you can instantly warn your credit providers to prevent any complications on your part.
Identity Guard offers both individual and family plans. The following are the prices and features included for both:
Individual - $8.99 billed monthly or $7.50 per monthly billed yearly
Family - $14.99 billed monthly or $12.50 per month billed yearly
Features: Dark Web Monitoring, Risk Management Report, Safe Browsing Tools, and Anti-Phishing Mobile Application.
Individual - $19.99 billed monthly or $16.67 per month billed yearly
Family - $29.99 billed monthly or $25.00 per month billed yearly
Features: Dark Web Monitoring, Risk Management Report, Safe Browsing Tools, Anti-Phishing Mobile Application, Monthly Credit Score, Address Monitoring, 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring, and Tax Refund Alerts.
Individual - $24.99 billed monthly or $20.83 per month billed yearly
Family - $34.99 billed monthly or $29.17 per month billed annually
Features: Dark Web Monitoring, Risk Management Report, Safe Browsing Tools, Anti-Phishing Mobile App, Monthly Credit Score, Address Monitoring, 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring, Tax Refund Alerts, Credit Score and Reports, and Social Insight Report
Overall we think that this product might be the best on the market right now, so if you are looking to protect yourself while online, we really suggest you take a look at Identity Guard!