Identity Guard is a very trust-worthy and comprehensive identity theft protection service developed by Intersections Inc. The service is available both within the US and in Canada and offers individual and family protection plans.
The service was launched 20 years ago and so far, it’s managed to resolve over 140,000 cases of identity theft, which shouldn’t be too surprising, given that identity theft occurs every 2 seconds. Identity Guard has guarded the identities of more than 47 million people and the number continues to grow.
Identity Guard has received impeccable ratings from the Better Business Bureau (A+), Trustpilot, Tom’s Guide, NextAdvisor, Consumers Advocate and many others.
- 3 plans to choose from (Value, Total, Premier), for both individuals and families
- $1 million insurance with stolen funds reimbursement with all the plans
- US-based dedicated case manager
- Identity protection through IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence; IBM Watson is a state-of-the art software with artificial intelligence capabilities, which is able to analyze billions of bits of data in a very short time; Identity Guard partnered with IBM Watson so that it can offer a more effective and comprehensive identity protection to its customers
- Risk management score
- Browsing extension for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, which blocks tracking cookies, malvertisements, Flash
- Online identity dashboard
- Dark Web identity monitoring
- Alerts in case of any attempts of identity fraud, tax fraud, bank account takeovers and in case of any suspicious activities or changes related to your personal data
- Monthly credit score
- 3-bureau credit report (only with the most expensive plan)
- Mobile app that is compatible with iOS and Android
What are the features of the Identity Guard mobile app?
All reputable services nowadays have to offer mobile support and dedicated apps, because people are practically married to their mobile phones.
If you sign up for any of the plans offered by Identity Guard, you can also download their identity Guard mobile app for free. The app is compatible with both iOS and Android and can easily and safely be downloaded from the App Store or Play Store.
The iOS app has 13.2 MB and requires iOS 11.0 or later. The app is compatible with iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. It is available in English and French.
The Android app has only 4.1 MB and requires Android 5.0 and up. It has more than 10,000 installs so far.
The Identity Guard mobile app offers anti-phishing protection and includes a lot of useful features such as:
- Instant alerts in case of any changes related to your name, email address or physical address, in case a new account holder is added to your bank account and more
- Dark Web alerts: Identity Guard continuously monitors the Dark Web for any information related to your identity; you will receive alerts on your mobile phone in case IBM Watson detects any of your personal or financial information such as credit card numbers, financial account numbers, your health insurance number, etc., being used on the Dark Web
- The mobile app is also useful if you want to view your monthly Vantage 3.0 credit score; the credit score is based on TransUnion data
- Risk management score
Identity Guard offers both individual plans and family ones. There are 3 individual plans to choose from: Value ($7.50 per month), Total ($16.67) and Premier ($20.83).
The same options are also available for family plans. Value is priced at $12.50 per month, Total is priced at $25 and Premier is priced at $29.17.
These prices are for annual billing, but you can also opt for monthly billing, only it will cost you more. With annual billing you get to save 17%.
All the plans include a 30-day money back guarantee.