Identity Guard is an identity protection service capable of protecting your information online. It is equipped with a lot of features such as dark web monitoring, credit bureau data, and more.
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is a crime that involves a person using another one’s personal information for their financial gain. Even if we have the convenience of keeping our data organized and ready to be sent to our contacts through the computer, it can also be a gateway for thieves to get a hold of them.
These thieves can create bank or credit accounts using your information which leaves you charged for their purchases. Aside from this, they may even commit illegal crimes using your identity and leave you with a court record without your knowledge. In the modern world of today, it is best to equip ourselves with protection against this. Because identity theft is not entirely preventable, your best bet is to use identity protection services.
Identity Guard has designed its very own mobile app for maximum user convenience. This gives you security from a few taps of your phone.
In comparison with other identity protection services such as LifeLock and Experian, Identity Guard has the most comprehensive one. Upon installation, you will immediately be guided through the main menu which shows all important features such as credit reports and emergency notifications.
The following are the highlights of the mobile application:
- Credit Score Monitoring– Being one of the most important parts of the app, Identity Guard makes it easy to view your credit scores. The three credit bureaus’ credit reports are written in huge letters along with a color that signifies the severity of risk. A sudden drop in score can be a sign that someone is using your credit information without your knowledge.
- Further information– Aside from your credit score, the app also gives a summary, a list of factors, and further information about your credit score. A chart that displays the different colors linked with the risk of your current credit score is displayed to give you a better idea if your score is too low to be considered safe.
- Alerts– The app instantly reports information about Compromised SSN, Compromised Credit Card, Compromised SSN, Public Record Updates, and more. Further details are given for you to distinguish if a notification is valid or not.
- Customer help– You can get answers to any questions related to identity theft and credit through the application.
- Stay Informed– Any news involved with identity theft and relevant information are written in the application for you to be updated.
The application can be downloaded for both Android and Apple devices. It is installed through the Play Store or the App Store.
The number of features included in the application depends upon the plan you will pursue. The following are the prices of the application as stated on their website:
The individual plans are divided into three: Value plan, Total Plan, and Premier Plan.
The prices are $8.99, $19.99, and $24.99 when billed monthly. The prices, when billed annually, are $7.50, $16.67, and $20.83.
The family plans are also divided into the same plans.
When priced monthly, the prices are as follows: $14.99, $29.99, and $34.99. If billed annually, it is reduced at $7.50, $16.67, and $20.83. When billed annually, the prices are $12.50, $25.00, and $29.17.
Identity Guard has a good mobile application that goes along well with its different features. The design is intuitive and comprehensive. Downloading it is recommended for maximum convenience and identity security.