Identity theft is a common crime nowadays especially as more people have their identities uploaded online. Hackers and thefts can steal your identity and use to commit crimes such as credit scamming, medical record theft, and more. This crime is hard to protect yourself from as many has social media accounts available for public viewing and has their credit cards uploaded online for purchasing.
Identity Guard is a service dedicated towards protecting users from identity theft. It does by constantly offering notifications about credit actions related to your identity. This lets you be immediately informed in case someone is using your identity for actions without your consent.
Identity Guard Mobile application
To give more convenience for its users, Identity Guard has a mobile application. It is available for both Android and iOS users through their respective app markets.
Through the mobile application, you can gain access to the following features:
- Credit Scores – Through the app, you can see the current status of your credit score. This is for the three major credit bureaus including Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. You will also be rated depending on its risk (from Very Weak to Excellent) which gives you a better idea on whether you would be approved for bank loans and credit card applications.
- Credit Score Details – All of the factors in relation to your credit score will be included in its details. This lets you know specifically what may be causing you to have lower scores and allow you to fix these.
- Constant Alerts – The application can give you constant alerts about any activities that may be done under your identity. Included here are bank accounts opened under your name, credit card transactions with your identity, and more.
- Alert verification – After being alerted, you will be given a chance to verify if you did the action. This is especially crucial as time is important for lessening the impact of identity theft. This gives you the chance to immediately report the crime to the police and to inform your credit provider. This allows you to lessen any legal repercussions that may come from it.
- Identity theft information – The application is filled with information that tells you about news and more related to identity theft. These will give you advice on how to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of identity theft.
The interface of Identity Guard’s mobile application is minimalistic and designed for maximum user convenience. Any notifications in relation to your identity are displayed in the alerts tab for you to easily view. Credit-related activities are considered as critical risk.
The credit score report is also designed to be easily navigable, with the scores from the three major credit bureaus written in large texts. It also comes with a risk report that tells you how low or high your current score is. Relevant information such as how it can affect loan approvals and factors on how to raise it are also provided.