Inteligator is a web-based background check service that covers all 50 states and more than 3,000 countries.
The service is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), which is a common trait for most online background check services you find in the industry. This does not affect you in finding the information you want on a certain person. The only limitation is in the way you are allowed to use the information found in the background check reports.
Services that don’t comply with FCRA’s terms don’t allow you to use the information in the reports for:
- Employment screening
- Tenant screening
- Harassing a person
- Determining someone’s eligibility to get credit, a loan, a scholarship, etc.
What can you use a background check service for?
These services can be valuable when you are trying to:
- Reconnect with a childhood friend
- Track down a former classmate
- See if there’s anything you should know about a potential blind date
- Get to know the parents of your child’s new friend
- Find out what kind of person your neighbor is
- Find out information about a co-worker
- Look up your own name to find out what information is publicly available about you
Most background check services browse thousands and thousands of public records to extract all the relevant information about someone. These records can be state records, federal ones, social media data, other internet data and so on. All these sources are available for anyone, but few people want to waste so much time to do such an extensive research, which is why these background check services are so valuable, because they do all the boring work for you.
Inteligator boasts on their data covering approximately 95% of all adult population in the country. More than 256 million searches have been performed so far with Inteligator and their number keeps on growing.
How much does Inteligator cost?
Inteligator gives you the opportunity to choose between their basic or advanced plan. They both include trials that can be 3, 4, 7 or 14 days long. This is a subscription-based service and a monthly fee will cost you $19.95. After your trial expires, you will be billed to the credit/debit card you provide.
The fees are billed monthly in advance and if you cancel your subscription (which you can do at any chosen time), you should know that you will not be refunded for what’s left unused from your monthly subscription.
What can Inteligator offer to its customers?
Inteligator is a very comprehensive service and can offer you extensive information about a person:
- Their contact information, including the current address and their address history, phone numbers, email addresses, social profiles
- Their background details such as educational, professional background, potential relatives, their income, age and marital status
- Marriage and divorce records
- Criminal records (you can find out if they have a criminal record, were ever arrested, if they are sex offenders and so on)
- Jail records (where, when and what they were locked up for)
- Bankruptcy records
- Legal judgements
- Assets and more
Inteligator is very focused on respecting their costumers’ privacy and they ensure that your searches will be 100% secure and anonymous. They use SSL security and you can opt to not have your information appear in their searches.
In order to be able to register with Inteligator, you have to be at least 18 years old.
Inteligator lets you perform several types of searches:
- Background check search
- Business search
- Criminal records search
- Birth records search
- Death records search
- Federal inmate search
- Neighborhood search
- Marriage/divorce search
- Sex offender search
- People search (by address, name, phone, relative search)
- Reverse phone search
Once you decide on a type of search you want, you wait for the report to be generated, which doesn’t take too much time. The reports can be downloaded, printed or viewed online. Inteligator does not offer hard copies of their reports though.
When it comes to customer support, Inteligator offers phone support and the possibility to contact them through their contact form. The website is not the most attractive and useful one we’ve seen and all you have to help you is their FAQ section, but even that is a bit limited in answers.
We appreciate Inteligator for its access to more than 2 billion records and for the fact that it allows you to perform a wide variety of searches. We also like the fact that this is a secure service. On the other hand, this is not the most accurate service we’ve tested and customer support does leave room for improvement.