Wouldn’t it be great if you could effortlessly find information on pretty much anyone you want, without even leaving your house? People’s backgrounds are not as classified information as you’d might think and that is largely due to the evolution of the internet.
What are online background check services and how do they work?
If you want to do a background check investigation on a person, you don’t have to hire a detective, pay tons of money or start tedious research processes on your own. There’s a much easier and less time-consuming method these days: availing the services of online background check companies.
Online background check services are extremely easy to use and they are affordable to almost anyone. These services compile millions and millions of public records about people and organizations and arrange them in organized, comprehensive reports. They browse various sources of information looking for relevant data: county records, federal records, social media data, Deep Web data and so on.
The way you use these services is by signing up to a service of your choice, creating an account and subscribing to a plan. Most of these services are subscription/membership-based and they offer monthly subscriptions, subscriptions for several months and even single-report passes in some cases. The latter option is useful if you just need to run a background check once and that’s it, in which case it would be useless to spend your money on a monthly subscription.
What can you use a background check service for?
There are countless ways in which you can take advantage of web-based background check services. Here are just a few examples:
- You just moved into a new neighborhood and you want to know if your neighbors are safe people; or it could be the other way around: a new neighbor moved into your neighborhood and you want to know what kind of person they are (have they been charged with any crime, are they sex offenders, etc.)
- You want to find out the phone number of someone and all you’ve got is their name
- You are trying to reconnect with a former classmate or a childhood friend
- Your child recently befriended a new kid and you want to run a background check on his parents
- You have a new date and you want to know whether it is safe to date that person or not
- You want to run a background check on yourself to see what information is publicly available about you; also, if you suspect your identity has been stolen, these services usually check the Dark Web as well for information and you can see if anything turns up there related to you
TruthFinder Online Background Check Service – What are its features and benefits?
Best Review Guide rated TruthFinder as the number one online background check service in the industry. We had several reasons for doing so.
TruthFinder has managed to have a very quick and surprising ascent since the service was launched, only 4 years ago. TruthFinder is a relatively new online background check service and in this very short time it’s managed to build a large client base and get very good ratings all over the internet. The Better Business Bureau rated it with an A+ and this service is currently having 9.5 million searches every month.
TruthFinder is based in California and it is one of the fastest background check services in the industry. If regular, conventional background checks take days or even weeks to complete, TruthFinder only takes a few minutes to generate a report.
TruthFinder’s reports are accurate, the information is up to date and the way that information is being organized makes it very easy to read the report. TruthFinder uses a timeline display for its reports, making it easier to follow all the data.
This online background check service offers mobile apps as well and they are compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
TruthFinder lets you perform searches based on someone’s name, their phone number (reverse phone lookup), city/state of residence.
A background check report can be standard or premium. The standard report includes the most basic information about the searched person:
- Contact information such as full name, phone number/s, address history (past and current address), e-mail address/es
- Social media profile/s
- Known aliases
- Family members
- Birth date
- Potential relatives
- Criminal records
A premium report throws in additional information such as:
- Business associates
- Bankruptcies, liens
- Professional licenses
- Driving tests
- Drug tests
- Weapon permits
- Owned properties and more
How much do you have to pay to use TruthFinder?
The subscriptions offered by TruthFinder offer unlimited standard reports. There are two subscriptions to choose from: a 1-month subscription, a 3-month subscription.
The 1-month subscription is priced at $27.78.
The 3-month subscription is priced at $26 per month.
An upgrade to the premium report will cost you $17.47 more.