TruthFinder is one of the most renowned internet-based background check services in the United States. It is also the first one in Best Review Guide’s lineup and for good reasons. The service was launched in 2015 and has now reached more than 9.5 million search sessions every month.
TruthFinder offers standard and premium reports. You can access them by getting a membership. There are two types of plans available:
- A 1-month membership that is priced at $27.78 per month and gives you access to unlimited standard reports for the entire month
- A 3-months membership that is priced at $26 per month and gives you access to unlimited standard reports for 3 months
If you want to upgrade to a Premium report, you have to pay an additional $17.47.
What is the difference between a standard and a premium report?
The standard background check report offered by TruthFinder includes more basic information about the searched person, such as: their full name, their aliases, their contact details, including address, email, phone number, their educational background and employment history, their criminal records, their social media profile.
If you upgrade to a Premium report, you will get access to additional information such as: assets and properties, business affiliations, bankruptcies, liens, weapon permits, driving tests, drug tests, professional licenses, neighbors and more.
TruthFinder is an online background check service, or a public records search service, as stated on its website. Because it is not a consumer reporting agency, there are some limitations in what you can use this service for. The service can’t be used for employment screening, tenant screening, determining someone’s eligibility to get credit, a loan, etc.
TruthFinder can be used for:
- Running a background check on your neighbors
- On a potential date
- To reunite with a former classmate or childhood friend
- Search people you’re connected with on social media
- Search for online sellers to make sure they’re trust-worthy and you don’t get scammed
- Search for someone using their phone number
- Search for celebrities
- Run a background check on yourself to find out what kind of information is publicly available about you on the internet
Where does TruthFinder get its information from?
TruthFinder has access to millions of public records that come from various sources such as: federal records, state records, county records, social media, the Deep Web.
While these are public records, which means anyone has access to them and you would too, if you’d want to, an online background check service is still useful because it scours through all of them and compiles the data in a single, neat, organized and easy to read report. TruthFinder does all the research work for you, all you have to do is read the report. We have done a full review of Truthfinder and have found them to be one of the best services we reviewed.