TruthFinder defines itself as an online public records search service and it’s one of the most reliable ones you can find. The service has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and has more than 9.5 million searches every month.
Just like any other background check service on the internet, TruthFinder is useful for various purposes:
- to reconnect with family members, former classmates or childhood friends
- to do a background check on your social media friends
- to learn more about your neighbors, whether they just moved in or not
- to run a background check on a potential date
- to find out who the registered sex offenders in your neighborhood are
- to run a background check on the parents of your child’s new friend
- to research online sellers to make sure you buy from a reputable seller and to make sure you won’t get scammed
- to find out who is behind a phone call from an unknown number
- to run a background check on yourself to see what kind of information about you is publicly available
Because it is not a FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) compliant service, TruthFinder has some limitations. You can’t use this service to screen tenants, employees, to determine a person’s eligibility to get a loan or credit, to screen students for a scholarship, to screen domestic workers such as babysitters, gardeners, etc.
TruthFinder is not a free background check service, so yes, you have to purchase a membership to be able to access your reports.
TruthFinder offers 2 options: a 1-month subscription and a 3-month subscription.
The 1-month subscription is priced at $27.78 per month.
The 3-month subscription is priced at $26 per month.
These two memberships give you unlimited access to TruthFinder’s standard reports, for the entire period of subscription.
What are TruthFinder’s standard and premium reports?
TruthFinder offers two types of reports: standard reports and premium reports. As we’ve already mentioned it, the price of their subscriptions is for the standard reports. If you want to access a premium report, you have to pay an extra $17.47.
A standard report includes all the basic information about a person, such as: their full name, their phone number, address history, email address, known aliases, social media profile/s, their employment history, their educational background, their criminal records.
A premium report is more comprehensive, as it adds more information: assets and properties of the person, their business affiliations, their liens, bankruptcies, weapon permits, drug tests, driving tests, census data, their professional licenses and more.
TruthFinder gets its information from public records such as state records, federal records, county records, Deep Web information, social media data and more. Although anyone could access these records, going through all of them can take a lot of time, which is why TruthFinder is such a useful service. TruthFinder analyzes all these records, extracts the relevant information and compiles it in a single, organized and accurate report. A search takes only a few minutes to complete, after which you can immediately have access to your report, as long as you are signed up for one of their memberships.