Nowadays, you can find out almost everything you want online. And you can do it in two ways: either you sacrifice your own time to search for the information yourself or you can use a specialized service to save you a lot of time. Online background checks services are a thriving industry and most of them are affordable and accurate enough for them to worth the money.
Online background check services are usually not FCRA compliant, which means you are not allowed to use them for purposes such as screening a candidate for a job, determining someone’s eligibility when they need to take credit, screening tenants and so on. However, that doesn’t mean these services don’t have their benefits. They can help you in a variety of ways:
- To help you reconnect with a childhood friend or a former classmate
- To help you find out information about a work colleague
- To find out information about your neighbors
- To find out information about a potential date
- To find out information about the parents of your child’s new friend
- To check out your online sellers
- To see who is calling you from an unknown phone number
- To perform a search on yourself and see what comes up, so that you know what kind of information is publicly available about you online
Online background check services are easy to use and they are very convenient, because they can do in a few seconds all the work you’d have to do in hours and hours of research. These services use complex and fast programs that can analyze millions and millions of public records to extract all the existent information on someone. Once they do that, they compile and arrange all that information into a readable and organized report.
TruthFinder Background Check Service Overview
TruthFinder is a reputable web-based background check service and, as they claim on their website, ‘one of America’s most trusted background checks services’. The company that developed this service has been rated with an A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
TruthFinder is really useful when it comes to searching information on people, because it scans hundreds of millions of public records in a very short time and provides an accurate, easy to read report to its customers.
What kind of information can a TruthFinder report include?
- Contact details about the person, including addresses (current and past), phone numbers, email addresses
- Potential relatives
- Criminal records
- Sex offender data, if it is the case
- Assets of the person, including properties, vehicles and the like
- Business affiliations, possible associates
- The educational and professional background of the person
- Birth and death records
- Dating profiles and much more
Does TruthFinder cost any money?
TruthFinder works based on subscriptions. You can search for someone and your report will be completed in just a couple of minutes, but in order to access the information in it, you have to sign up for one of TruthFinder’s subscriptions. There are two available: a 1-month subscription and a 3-month subscription.
Both of these subscriptions let you perform as many searches you want for that specific period of time (one month or three months, depending on what subscription you choose).
Both these subscriptions give you access to the standard report. There is also the option to upgrade to TruthFinder’s premium report, which is more complex in information.
The price of the 1-month subscription is $27.78 per month.
The price of the 3-month subscription is $26 per month.
If you want to upgrade the premium report, you have to pay an additional $17.47.
Standard report - What is included?
- Full name
- Phone number/s
- Social media profiles
- Potential relatives
- Potential neighbors
- Criminal records
- Sex offender data
- Date of birth
- Educational background
- Employment background
Premium report - What is included?
- All the information in the standard report
- Business affiliations
- Weapon permits
- Professional licenses
- Drug tests
- Driving tests and more