Do you want a way to test your intricate trading system and strategies? Do you want a reliable online brokerage with little to no downtime? Or maybe you want a place where you can learn all you need to know about trading? Or perhaps you want all of those things at the same time?
Usually, you need to look for three different services so that you could satisfy all of those needs. But not anymore. Tradestation is a company that could fulfill all of those things for you. They have developed advanced analytical tools to test your strategy, a highly reliable online brokerage, and excellent trading education.
This brief article will let you know all you need to know about our full Tradestation review.
Tradestation is a one-stop solution for powerful trading technology, an online brokerage service, and also trading education. With Tradestation, you'd get everything that you could possibly need and want under one roof.
Tradestation started when its founders developed intricate trading strategies but were unable to find a way to test, optimize and automate it. That problem was what led them to develop their own trading software called System Writer and Tradestation under their new company called Omega Research.
In 2001, the company decided to enter the online brokerage service industry and changed its name to "Tradestation." In 2019, Tradestation acquired a trade education firm and integrated its system to make Tradestation a one-stop solution for all three important aspects of trading, which are analytical tools, online brokerage, and trade education.
- Statistical modeling of trading strategies. As mentioned before, Tradestation was initially created to satisfy its founder's needs of testing and optimizing their trading strategies. The result is a very advanced statistical modeling where you could customize everything in order to optimize your own trading system and strategies.
- Multiple trading products. Tradestation has one of the most diverse trading products in the industry. Not only you could trade the usual assets such as stock, bonds, options, futures, ETFs, and mutual funds but you could trade IPOs and crypto as well.
- Advanced analytical tools. Thanks to its solid statistical and programming foundation, Tradestation could provide very advanced and sophisticated analytical tools that could help with your trading activity. It has all the power, speed, and flexibility that you could ever hope for.
- Massive historical database. To help you enhance and fine-tune your trading strategies, Tradestation prepares a very massive trading historical database for all of its trading products. You could see minute-per-minute data, hourly data, and even daily data. Some of their historical data even goes 30 years back.
- Market insight and education. Tradestation is dedicated to helping you learn all the things that you need to know about trading and help you be a better trader. From all the basics of trading, guide on how to use their powerful tools, courses for more advanced learning, and even market insight to keep you up-to-date.
- Stable performance. When you use Tradestation, you'd get a very stable performance from them. There's little to no downside that would ever happen. That way, you can rest assured knowing that your trade would always go smoothly and on time.
- Multiplatform. In order to make it easier for their users to trade whenever they want, you could use Tradestation from multiple platforms. Not only through their desktop program, but you could also use it through the web app and also through the smartphone app
- Steep learning curve. Tradestation is equipped with one of the most advanced technical support and analysis tools within the industry. But all of those advanced features also require a very steep learning curve from the users. You'd need to invest a lot of time in order to fully take advantage of Tradestation's capabilities.
- Complicated pricing. Tradestation also has one of the most complicated pricing in the industry. They have a zero commission policy for one type of transaction, while they also have very intricate pricing plans for other types of transactions. Not to mention different kinds of trading assets might incur different kinds of fees.
Tradestation is a place where everything that you need about trading is available under one roof. From tools to develop your trading strategies, to a highly reliable online brokerage, they even provided resources that you could use to learn more about the world of trading.
Tradestation is also equipped with very powerful features that give you all the power, speed, and flexibility that you might need to fine-tune your trading activity. What's more, Tradestation is also available on multiple platforms and each of those platforms is also very stable with little to no downtime.
Unfortunately, all of those bells and whistles make Tradestation the best place for experienced traders. If you're new to trading, there are better beginner-friendly places for you out there. All of their advanced technical tools and complex pricing would only end up confusing you.