Microwaves are our go-to-gadget for quick heating and cooking. Its convenience allows us to be able to have our food in minutes as hot and fresh as it was before being frozen. Whenever buying one, we must always be sure that certain factors will be taken into consideration.
This includes the following:
- Size of the microwave – Are you a solo person living in a studio-type apartment? Are you a part of a large family that frequently uses the microwave? The size of your house and the number of people using the microwave should always be taken into account. For example, countertop models are the best for those with the smallest spaces as they can go as small as 22 inches wide and 18 inches deep. This makes it easier to put atop a counter along with other appliances or objects.
- Budget – Your budget should also be taken into account whenever looking for a microwave. You should be able to have an equal priority for both your budget and the quality of your microwave. Typically, countertop microwaves cost the least because they are made for the small batches and is typically made with fewer features. The more expensive ones include midsized microwaves, over-the-range microwave, or wall-embedded ones can cost up to $1000 depending on the model.
- Type of microwave – The type of microwave that you will need will depend upon your usual eating patternsand the space inside your kitchen. Some microwaves are better equipped for larger batches given their large space and abundant features. Counter microwaves are better for those with less space and those who heat less food.
Best Type of Microwave
- Countertop Microwaves – These microwaves are the most basic type of the appliance. They are the ones that are most commonly used. They areusually found in smaller kitchens and in the homes of those who do not need microwaves that much. A standard or solo microwave uses radio waves to heat meals and for defrosting food. They are mostly used by those not looking for other features other than this. They are the most affordable and easy to use.
Convection microwaves use the feature of a standard microwave and the convection oven. Because of this, it uses hot air for circulation to eliminate temperature differences with the food. This makes it easier for heat to be distributed, therefore making waiting times shorter.
- Over-the-range microwaves – These microwaves are best used by those who use induction range or gas cookers. This is because they are typically installed underneath. This makes it easier to save space in the kitchen. Aside from this, these microwaves also use worktop lights and vent fans to vent smoke and to provide surface illumination.
- Steam microwaves – These newer models integrate steaming to the microwave process. This makes it easier to cook vegetables and other foods. This is an excellent feature that allows you to have lighter heat on this food which may be burned if used in traditional models.