Panasonic has always stood its ground when it comes to household appliances, whether we are talking about kitchen appliances, TVs, audio systems and so on.
It has a wide range of choices for all budgets and it’s one of the brands that are focused on keeping up with all the technological advancements.
Although there isn’t such a thing as “the best” microwave out there, because people’s tastes and needs differ from individual to individual, we are going to give you an overview of one of the best-selling and most popular models sold by Panasonic right now.
The NN-SD945S is a 2.2 cu. ft. microwave with a stainless-steel finish and the renowned inverter technology used by Panasonic. It has a chrome dial, 9 menu buttons and 10 power levels. Its Inverter Technology patented by Panasonic ensures your food will cook evenly even when you are using the microwave at lower settings. Your food will preserve its texture and flavor and will cook, heat, reheat or defrost quicker than with regular microwaves.
The NN-SD945S packs 1250 watts of cooking power and comes with a lot of smart, useful features on board:
- It has 18 presets for various types of foods you can cook, such as: frozen pizza, potatoes, pasta, stew, soup, quinoa, omelet, breakfast sausage, white and brown rice, fish fillets and more
- Keep Warm button: it keeps your food warm for up to 30 minutes after you cook it
- Quick 30 button: you can add more seconds to your cooking time, in 30 seconds increments
- Delayed Start feature: you can access it from the Timer/Clock button and it allows you to schedule your cooking at a time of your choice
- Timer feature: you can access it from the same Timer/Clock button to set a kitchen timer for your cooking
- Popcorn button
- Child lock feature that ensures your kids can’t operate the microwave
- One-touch sensor technology that adjusts the cooking time based on the amount of steam produced during cooking
- Inverter turbo defrost feature: great for evenly defrosting your food, while preserving its flavor and avoiding over or undercooking
The NN-SD945S has the following specs:
- 2. cu. ft. oven capacity
- Stainless steel color
- 420mm diameter for the turntable
- Dimensions: 14 X 23 7/8 X 19 15/16 inch
- Weight: 37 lb.
- Push open system for the door release
- 1250W cooking power
- 3-stage cooking
- Cooking and kitchen timer: up to 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 12H clock
What is the price of the Panasonic NN-SD945S?
The Panasonic NN-SD945S can be purchased for approximately $270.
Other options to consider from Panasonic
If you are looking for a Panasonic microwave at a more affordable price, you should also check out the NN-SN651B. This one is slightly smaller, lightweight and with a capacity of only 1.2 cu. ft. and 1200 watts of cooking power.
This model goes for approximately $140 and has a lot of the features found in the NN-SD945S: the inverter technology, sensor cooking and reheat, the Keep Warm feature, 3-stage cooking and more.