The real estate market is a very prosperous segment, but lately prices have become more insane than ever. There are houses for sale in the US that cost way more than most of us can even dream to make in a lifetime. And the most luxurious and expensive of them are located in Los Angeles, California.
Here are 5 of the most expensive properties for sale in the United States:
- The Chartwell Estate in Bel Air, Los Angeles. Asking price: $350 million. The property belonged to Jerry Perenchio, who died in May, this year, and was a successful businessman and CEO of Univision. It has approximately 10.3 acres.
The billionaire’s main house has 25,000 square feet, a salon, ballroom, paneled dining room and a 5,700 sf. guesthouse.
Image source: Orange County Register
- The spec house, also from Bel Air, Los Angeles. Asking price: $250 million. Developed by Bruce Makowsky, also known for his handbags and shoes, which he sold for 30 years together with his wife, before selling their company in 2008.
The Bel Air estate is a 38,000 square foot paradise, with 10 large VIP suites, 5 bars, 21 bathrooms, 3 fully equipped kitchens, a James Bond themed home theater, a bowling alley, pools and more.
Images Source: YouTube
- The Manor in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles. Price: $200 million.
The house was built for Aaron Spelling and his wife, back in 1988 and was renovated in 2011. The house has 56,500 square feet, and a total of 123 rooms. There are 27 bathrooms and 14 bedrooms.
Aaron Spelling’s wife, Candy, used to keep her doll collection in one of those rooms.
Image source: YouTube
- The Manalapan Mansion in Florida. Price: $195 million. It was named ‘Gemini’ and it was the summer house of William B. Ziff, the deceased publisher. It has 62,873 square feet. Among others, the house has 47 bathrooms, 33 bedrooms, a private beach, a pool, tennis and basketball court and a golf course.
Images source: YouTube
- Owlwood, located in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles. Price: $180 million. The property was once owned by Sonny and Cher. The main house has 12,000 square feet and it was built in the Italian Renaissance style. The estate has a tennis court, a pool, a crystal chandelier and gold bath faucets.
The property was sold in 2016 for only $90 million, but somehow managed to be put back on sale for the insanely amount of $180 million, although it looks exactly the same, with no additional modifications.
Images source: YouTube