The health and beauty of your hair depends on several factors and the hair dryer you use is among the most important ones of them all. There are different hair types out there, and each of them has its needs. Moreover, a low-quality dryer will do more harm than good. Not only will it not make your hair look great, but it will actually damage it, making it brittle, burning it and so on.
That is why is important to not skimp on quality when it comes to blow dryers, because let’s face it, our hair is a powerful tool and one of the most important parts of our look.
Here are some tips to consider when shopping for a new hair dryer:
- Choose a material that is appropriate for your type of hair. For instance, if you have a thick, frizzy set of hair, you should go with a tourmaline (or ionic) blow dryer. It will help you reduce the frizz and dry your hair faster. If you hair is really brittle, fine or dry, you should choose a ceramic hair dryer. Ceramic dryers are also indicated for other hair types, as they are very versatile. People with a lot of hair, especially if it’s thick, should look for a titanium blow dryer, as they help you dry your hair faster. Titanium dryers are also light, so that your arm doesn’t get tired from holding them for longer periods of time. The only thing to be careful about with titanium dryers is the fact that they get really hot, so people with fine, fragile hair, should avoid them
- Depending on the price, more professional hair dryers pack even 3600W. The higher the wattage, the faster you dry your hair. If you have a thin hair, a 1800W dryer should also be sufficient, but the general rule is the more watts, the better
- Go for a dryer that also has a concentrator and if possible, a diffuser too. These help you focus the air flow or disperse it in order to obtain a better result
- The weight of the hair dryer is an important aspect, especially if you have a long hair and you know it takes a long time to dry it. You don’t want to get a heavy dryer that numbs your arm after holding it up for a few minutes. If you also plan to take the dryer with you when you travel, you should also go with a lighter model, and perhaps a foldable one too, to be able to pack it easily
- Features. When it comes to the features of a hair dryer, there aren’t that many to bother yourself with. A cool shot button is a useful feature to have, as it helps you finalize and fix the style of your hair. Heat and speed settings are also useful, because they help you control the intensity and temperature of the air flow. Another thing to pay attention to, although it’s not so much a feature as it is a design thing, is the length of the power cord. Try to get a hair dryer that has a longer cord, rather than a short one. Most hair dryers have power cords ranging from 1.5 to over 3 meters long. It is important to be able to hold the dryer comfortably, to reach the outlet and be able to move freely, look in the mirror and so on.