It is an undeniable fact that dental hygiene is a crucial part of your overall health. Brushing them properly with a conventional toothbrush used to be good enough to keep your teeth clean and fresh. But nowadays, most dentists would recommend us to use an electric toothbrush instead of the manual one.
Why? Because an electric toothbrush was designed to reach places that conventional toothbrushes simply won't be able to reach. And since the brush head itself is capable of independent movement, it would clean more thoroughly than any manual toothbrush.
So which electric toothbrush should you choose? This brief article would tell you all about the Oral B Pro 3000, one of the best electric toothbrushes in the market right now.
Oral B Pro 3000 is the medium line of the electric toothbrush from the giant consumer goods company called Braun. The Oral-B Pro 3000 sits between the entry-level Oral-B Pro 1000 and the more advanced lines such as the Oral-B IO.
Oral-B is not only Braun's most valuable dental care brand, but it is also one of their more profitable brands overall. And Oral-B is also one of the leading brands in the electric toothbrush market. Oral-B as a brand began in the late 1950s with its inventor, a periodontist named Dr. Robert W. Hutson.
Throughout the years, the brand exchange owner for several times until finally it was sold to the Gillette group, a parent company of Braun. That is until Procter & Gamble acquired the Gillette group in 2006, along with its subsidiary, Braun, and its electric toothbrush brand, Oral-B. If you are looking for more info we suggest reading our Oral B 3000 review as it was our initial one, and find out everything about this toothbrush.
- Great battery life. Under regular usage, which means brushing your teeth twice a day, two minutes each, every day, the Oral-B Pro 3000 battery could last for more than two weeks. That is more than most electric toothbrushes’ battery life in the market right now.
- Rechargeable battery. The aforementioned battery in the Oral-B Pro 3000 is a Lithium-ion battery. This means you could charge it whenever the electricity has run out. You could simply plug it into the charger that was included within the package. It usually takes around 10~12 hours to fully charge, so remember to always put the toothbrush back into its charging stand when you've finished brushing. That way, it'll automatically recharge whenever you're not using it.
- Brushing timer. For the proper teeth brushing method, dentists recommend you to separate your teeth into four quadrants (upper left and right, and lower left and right) and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant for two minutes in total. Oral-B Pro 3000 has an audible timer that would remind you once the 30 seconds is up and it's time to change the quadrant. There will also be a reminder once the two minutes have passed.
- Visible pressure sensor. When brushing your teeth, sometimes it's hard to know whether you've been pressing it too hard or not. Around the upper body of the Oral-B handle, there is a visible sensor that would light up in bright red whenever you apply too much pressure on your teeth so you know when to ease up.
- Three different cleaning modes. The Oral-B Pro 3000 has three different cleaning modes. The daily clean, whitening, and sensitivity. The daily clean is the basic model that's available to all kinds of Oral-B electric toothbrushes. The whitening mode aims to polish your teeth and it lasts for two minutes and 20 seconds. The additional 20 seconds is for extra polishing time. The sensitive mode, however, runs for the same two minutes as the standard mode but it runs at a slower speed for much gentler brushing.
- Water-resistant. The Oral-B Pro 3000 is water-resistant, which means you could use it during showers and rinse it with water when you're done. But do keep in mind that it is only splash-proof. So do not submerge it underwater no matter what.
- Warranty. Just like with most Oral-B electric toothbrushes, when you purchase Oral-B Pro 3000 you are eligible for a two-year warranty. If your device broke down during the warranty period, then you would receive a new one free of charge.
- Easy to use. Every aspect of Oral-B Pro 3000 was designed to be easy to use. From the handle that is comfortable to grip, the brush head that is easy to remove, the simple plug-in to charge, and even the different cleaning modes that could be selected through a click of a button. All of it was carefully made so the device could be easy to use.
- Affordable. For all of its features and capabilities, you only need to pay $79.99 before shipping for a brand new Oral-B Pro 3000. If we compare this particular model of Oral-B to another brand with similar specifications, then you'll find that you would need to pay way more than Oral-B for the same capabilities. So not only is the Oral-B Pro 3000 affordable, it also offers the best bang for your buck.
- Replacement heads. With an electric toothbrush, you should change the brush head at least every three months. And Oral-B has lots of options regarding toothbrush heads. From the one for the sensitive teeth to the one that was designed for teeth with a bracelet, there's a toothbrush head for every need. And Oral-B Pro 3000 is compatible with all of those brush heads.
It has been proven that a proper electric toothbrush could clean your teeth way better than a conventional toothbrush ever could. And when it comes to electric toothbrushes, Oral-B is the brand that you should get your hands on.
There are many toothbrushes from Oral-B that you could choose from depending on your needs and preferences. And there are also models from Oral-B that have more features and capabilities than the Pro 3000 and there's also a model that costs less than this one.
But if you simply want something reliable that is easy to use, has lots of features, affordable, could last for weeks, and you don't have any particular needs, then the Oral-B Pro 3000 is the one for you.